Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SXT, and everytime I go from Automatic to using the Auto Stick feature it puts me in 4th gear. Even if I am stopped at a traffic light I slap the stick to the left and it puts me in 4th. Should this be the case?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nope...

Mine goes to first from a stop, and to whatever the proper gear for the current engine speed while moving... I'd take in in for a look at the PCM (Computer Programming)... After it goes to 4th, can you slap to the left and get down to 3-2-1 ??? Then to the right 2-3-4-5 ??? Without additional information it sounds to me like a programming issue, not a tranny problem.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
cbenn126 said:
I have an SXT, and everytime I go from Automatic to using the Auto Stick feature it puts me in 4th gear. Even if I am stopped at a traffic light I slap the stick to the left and it puts me in 4th. Should this be the case?
Thats how my 2005 magnum works.
________
Live sex webshows

·
Registered
111 Posts
Based on these posts it sounds like the R/T Charger works differently than the SXT or Magnum... I guess its normal?

·
Registered
15 Posts
could be... what chargin06 described with his R/T is exactly what our R/T does.

... but why does the SXT go into 4th while stopped?

That's kinda odd, isn't it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chargin06 said:
Nope...

Mine goes to first from a stop, and to whatever the proper gear for the current engine speed while moving... I'd take in in for a look at the PCM (Computer Programming)... After it goes to 4th, can you slap to the left and get down to 3-2-1 ??? Then to the right 2-3-4-5 ??? Without additional information it sounds to me like a programming issue, not a tranny problem.
I called my Dealer's Service Sept. and he stated that it should always default to 4th gear when going from "D" to a manual gear. He stated that you have to downshift from 4th. This is a feature to make sure you dont shift into a gear not good for the speed you are traveling. He stated this for all Autostick.

·
Registered
111 Posts
From park or from a dead stop (red light scenario) my AS starts off in 1st everytime...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts