Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want an auto start for my 06 RT Charger. Should I go with the dealer MOPAR unit? Which is best? which one works with my stock remote?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
mopar is the best but double the cost of most. dei is my next choice and will work with factory remotes easily.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
what about the viper one?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
viper is one of the companies i believe still owned by dei.
avital, autostart, viper, python, hornet, valet, clifford , ready remote- all the same thing.

I don t know the one way /two way thing.

mopar remote start installed may cost near 600 dollars at the dealer. Most stereo shops can do a dei unit for 250.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the best product costs the most. The mopar unit parts alone is near 300 bucks based on how good of a discount you can find. Its the best unit and easiest to install. Were you to install this yourself you'd easily spend an extra hour and a half with aftermarket ones

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
when I first got my car back in 06'. I had Best Buy put in the viper w/remote start. They never could get it to work right even after 3 consecutive weekends in their shop. So needless to say, I down graded to just viper alarm.

2 months later, I put the mopar remote start in myself in the parking lot at work during my lunch break. Worked perfectly. Now I have a viper alarm I never use unless I see the need for it because the remote start with set off the viper alarm and thats not fun to deal with.

So, I say don't buy an aftermarket one and get factory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts