Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the option for this? I always had it set up to do this but it recently stopped unlocking the door as approach and now I have to go digging for the fob to unlock it. I went looking in all the screens and can't find how to change this feature back.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mine never unlocked on approach, I had to touch the door handle the same as senor dodge has to do.

There is a setting to disable the passive keyless entry system, which means you have to use the fob. It is in one of the screens but I don't recall where. I disabled the PKE so thieves can't use the relay attack method to steal my car. I have to press a fob button but that's cheap insurance, and I need a free hand anyway to open the door.

·
Registered
635 Posts
With the fob in my pocket, placing my fingers under the latch makes a contact and unlocks the doors.
2018 Charger
All I use the fob for is to do a remote start........which I can do as I walk up......if my doors are locked.
The rest of the time, the fob works like a proximity card ..........identifying me.......... and touching the handle unlocks
the doors.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I use the fob for is to do a remote start........which I can do as I walk up......if my doors are locked.
The rest of the time, the fob works like a proximity card ..........identifying me.......... and touching the handle unlocks
the doors.
Yeah that's how it was when I first got it but somehow it got turned off. I found what I believe is the screen in the main computer under "doors and locks" then it says "passive entry" and that box is checked. But it still doesn't work. Maybe it is supposed to be unchecked? Idk I'll try unchecked and see what happens. Wondering if it has something to do with tazer which is the only thing electronically that I have changed lately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts