Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 SE. Recently I was at the junkyard looking for some odds and ends and I found an auto dimming mirror out of a 2008 Chrysler 300. From what I can tell online the mirror was an option for the 2009 SE and it seems to be the right mIrror but I don’t know if I have the wiring for it. Did all SE’s come with the auto dimming harness? If they did, where would it be taped up?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
It would be in the mirror housing.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,901 Posts
The auto dimmer will have an additional pig tail and jack. You pull your door panel and replace the mirror fishing the pigtail into the door.
I installed one on my 2013 that did not originally have one. The module for it was already in the door, and you must have the auto dimming interior rear-view mirror (I do) because the sensor on that mirror controls the door mirror also.
You may have to have the dealership flash it, not sure on the 09.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The auto dimmer will have an additional pig tail and jack. You pull your door panel and replace the mirror fishing the pigtail into the door.
I installed one on my 2013 that did not originally have one. The module for it was already in the door, and you must have the auto dimming interior rear-view mirror (I do) because the sensor on that mirror controls the door mirror also.
You may have to have the dealership flash it, not sure on the 09.
Is that for a side mirror or interior rear view mirror? I have the interior rear view mirror and didn’t think the 06-10 ever had dimming side mirrors, only heated ones

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,901 Posts
I'm not sure about your generation LX's, I just know what I had to do on my LD.

Reactions: Rolltidero
1 - 8 of 8 Posts