Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, I know absolutely nothing about speakers, amps, systems, etc... I am wanting to put a system in my charger though. I was thinking about putting 2 15's in the trunk but may settle for 2 12's. Coud somebody help me with brands, amp wattage etc? any help would be appreciated :nervous s

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
budget is about 700. I am not against buying used though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
heres how a 2 12" ported (obviously) box fit in my buddies 300c.

Granted they are T2's andthe box was right around 7 cuft. If you go sealed, or maybe with with different speakers, youll need a smaller box. Also, the box is that far back, because of the 'highs amp'. I didnt have anywhere else to put it, because the bd2000 was on the back seat, and the other amp was too large to fit on the other side.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so are you just wanting amp/subs/wiring and box?

do you have a brand prefrence at all?
yeah thats all I'm looking for. As far as brand, I am a newbie when it comes to audio. My friend said something about kicker subs being a good brand. As far as amps go I have no clue...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR TIME AND EFFORT!!!! Man that was awesome of you to hook me up with all that info. Now decision time!!! you rock bro :rockon:

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have several items for sale... I was wanting $750 for it.... but I could probably do a little better since you own a charger and all... but here is the equipment... you be the judge....

2 JL Audio 10" subs
1 Powerwedge Box (built by JL Audio)
1 Pair of 3 way 6x9's Kenwood Excelons
1 Set of 6 1/2 inch components with tweets of course.. Kenwood Excelons
1 JL Audio 250/1 Amp..

(Excelons are kenwoods top of the line)

The 6x9's and components are flawless.. they have never had an amp on them.. the amp is in good condition and the subs are used... my buddy's daughter pushed in the cones on them a while back... i haven't had them bumping since.. but that doesn't make a difference... the subs in the powerwedge box it hits real hard... I was think of using the subs and box in my charger untill i get my cutom box finished.

Let me know if your interested.

This would give you almost a complete system... front and rear and subs with amp... the only thing left would be to purchse a amp for the components and 6x9's. and a deck of course....

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I JUST FOUND JL 12w1's for 119 each-and circuit city has them on sale for 99 each here in ft lauderdale-i dont know about your part of town thou. and the jl 12w6 is on the car audio web site for 270 each- you have to watch out for ebay they are 50% of the time a rip off

·
Registered
964 Posts
I JUST FOUND JL 12w1's for 119 each-and circuit city has them on sell for 99 each here in ft lauderdale-i dont know about your part of town thou. and the jl 12w6 is on the caraudio web site for 270 each- you have to watch out for ebay they are 50% for the time a rip off
[email protected] is correct... just look around and get prices first...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
sonic electronics has the JL AUDIO E1400D 500 WATT MONO AMP BRAND NEW IN THE BOX FOR 219-AND IF YOU KNOW ABOUT JL AUDIO THE TRUE POWER ON THEIR E AND NEW AB amps are way under rated. their e and ab 6 channel amps are rated at 45x4 at 4ohms and 85x4 at 2 ohm's but the truth is they are really 89x4 at 4ohms and 118x4 at 2ohms and the sub side is really 300x1 at 2ohms even thou they claim 220. the e1400d is rated at 500x1 at 2ohm's but it's closer to 600 watts at 14.4 volts and in the charger thats no problem since the out put on the alternator is 14.60 when cold and when its hot from the motor heat it still puts out 13.80 to 14.20-volts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
well thats a good price but JL AUDIO warns on their web site that there are ebay sellers of their stuff that are selling rebuilt stuff or are not shipping the product as in SCAM-AND there is alot of kicker/JL AUDIO/boston/and diamond audio chinese knock offs on e-bay to watch out for. EXTANT IS BEING copyed now in korea so buyer beware

1 - 20 of 29 Posts