Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if any of the 07 owners are having any brake issues like us 06 owners (squeaky etc.) If so, How many miles did you have on the car when you started having issues.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
No sueaking here but at 3700 miles the brakes have already been pulsating for about 1500 miles ... not happy about that ....

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I'm pretty sure you 07 guys have the same brakes as us 06ers.
I just passed 25K without an issue.
Silent, and a lot of pad left

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I have a little over 10k on my 07 and my breaks squeak every now and then. I think it stops when they get heated up but cold, they squeak.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ive got a grinding noise coming from drivers front wheel happening right before it stops but no squeaking at 8000 mi. Dealer can't duplicate problem of coarse.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard they went to slotted on the 07's. I'm wondering if that worked.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I heard they went to slotted on the 07's. I'm wondering if that worked.
are you refering to the srt8s? anyway, im at 2600 and no squeaking...i had this problem on my 07 caliber that i traded for the r/t...

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have squeeky brakes (11,700miles), but I don't plan on taking it to the dealership. With the music on it can't be heard. I'll upgrade when it comes time to replace.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have 25k on my 07 and no problems
but when these need replaced i will be up grading.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
squeak, squeak, squeak

Just under 9,000km (5,600miles) and they started squeaking last weekend...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have 23,000 miles on my '07 and no squeeks. I also had 55,000 miles on my '06 and no brake issues with it either.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My squeaking started probably at about 1,000 miles. Din't take long for it to get going. Now when I first start up the car, the first few stop signs I hit will be no problem, but once it gets heated up, it squeaks at every stop and it is beyond annoying. I know if I chose to do so, I could turn up the music to ignore it or roll up the windows, but I know other people can hear it and it bugs the crap outta me, cars that look as good as our's shouldnt have these problems!!!! Btw, dealer would do nothing about it when I took it back---said the brakes were "fine" and couldnt do anything about the squeak...

-Pat

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
My SRT brakes started squealing at around 13,000. I complained but everything checked out. It stopped at around 16,000 and all is fine now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts