Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was pretty funny, so I thought I'd share. Just got my Charger registered in my home state (bought it out of state), so had to get a VA inspection sticker. I take my cars to a local Chevy dealer that has pretty much a "drive through" inspection lane within their service garage. Once the guy doing the inspection was finished (both with the inspection and telling me how nice the car was), I left the drive-in bay and then you have to drive through the middle of the building between all the service and wash bays and back out a side door to leave...all the Chevy mechanics were stopping, turning around, and complimenting the Hemi...told my buddy at work it was like I was in a Dodge commercial or somethin'...

I think it's pretty neat that a regular production car can garner that much attention wherever you go.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I think it's pretty neat that a regular production car can garner that much attention wherever you go.
don't ya love it!? i still get looks all the time. throw a cat-back system on if you haven't already and you'll get even more looks. imho, these are among the most gorgeous production cars ever made. that's why i bought one and can't get enough of it!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
you should have lit em up before you left and yelled only a real car with a real engine can do this...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I bet you are still smiling and great story thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
This was pretty funny, so I thought I'd share. Just got my Charger registered in my home state (bought it out of state), so had to get a VA inspection sticker. I take my cars to a local Chevy dealer that has pretty much a "drive through" inspection lane within their service garage. Once the guy doing the inspection was finished (both with the inspection and telling me how nice the car was), I left the drive-in bay and then you have to drive through the middle of the building between all the service and wash bays and back out a side door to leave...all the Chevy mechanics were stopping, turning around, and complimenting the Hemi...told my buddy at work it was like I was in a Dodge commercial or somethin'...

;) Only in Virgina!!!!!:grin: :yes:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Well, the z06 is a whole 'nuther story, and not fair at all. But the shame of it is, that's ALL that Chevy has to throw at us.

I was watching a NASCAR race the other day, and they had an pace Impala SS dolled up in CLOSE to Superbee colors: A sort of dark yellowy and black, with the SS body kit OEM. It looked like someone had riced-up Mom's Camry - I swear I've never seen a car with styling so unsuited to looking [email protected]$$. NOTHING can be done to save that horrid body on the Impala, and why Chevy thinks they'll sell any now that the Charger is taking over is beyond me.

CAR BUYER: "OK, I can buy this Impala SS for more money than this good-looking CHarger R/T? Ummmmm, let me think....."

Betcha they tank as hard as the "GTO" has in the sales figures....

REB

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, the z06 is a whole 'nuther story, and not fair at all. But the shame of it is, that's ALL that Chevy has to throw at us.

I was watching a NASCAR race the other day, and they had an pace Impala SS dolled up in CLOSE to Superbee colors: A sort of dark yellowy and black, with the SS body kit OEM. It looked like someone had riced-up Mom's Camry - I swear I've never seen a car with styling so unsuited to looking [email protected]$$. NOTHING can be done to save that horrid body on the Impala, and why Chevy thinks they'll sell any now that the Charger is taking over is beyond me.

CAR BUYER: "OK, I can buy this Impala SS for more money than this good-looking CHarger R/T? Ummmmm, let me think....."

Betcha they tank as hard as the "GTO" has in the sales figures....

REB
Actually the horrible looking Impala out sells the Charger. Infact I think it's
3rd behind the Camry and Accord.

The SS Body kit that your talking about includes a 5.3 V8 with 303 hp and it would suprise you at how fast it really is. Once you get past the FWD that I can't stand it's a real nice car.

Oh, now that you mention it my dad did in fact choose the SS over the R/T Charger. I tried to steer him toward the Charger but in the end he got the SS mainly because it was easier to drive and was about $2,500 less then the R/T fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Nice..seems everytime I go out I get somebody saying something.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
z06?? sure and when your done comparing that to a charger i guess we'll get a viper and compare it to an aveo.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
z06?? sure and when your done comparing that to a charger i guess we'll get a viper and compare it to an aveo.
I wasn't comparing a z06 to charger at all. I was actually joking around with magnesiumpearlR/T. His comment made it seem that chevy had no "real" cars and that isn't the case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you should have lit em up before you left and yelled only a real car with a real engine can do this...
...actually sitting there waiting to get finished with the inspection, eyeing the very smooth and slightly damp concrete floor in the garage, I considered it, but figured I'd be banned for life from ever bringing a car back there for a sticker...

...plus with my luck I'd've gotten it sideways and into a rack or something.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My wife drives our R/T to work (the local chevy dealer) everyday. Its funny the comments she comes home with. All the ladies that work there always make her drive to lunch because the R/T is nicer than any of their GMs. The techs can't believe we had enough nerve to buy it. She was working there when we bought it.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
This should be the pace car.....

I love pickin up parts for my wholesale customers from foreign (Chevy and Ford too) dealers. I also love brake standing my way out of their parking lots. hehehehe

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
I wasn't comparing a z06 to charger at all. I was actually joking around with magnesiumpearlR/T. His comment made it seem that chevy had no "real" cars and that isn't the case.
yea i didnt really pay attention :tongue: i saw dodge vs. chevy and got riled up.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
LOL thats funny lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.