Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good Article. This shouldnt be anything new since you own a Bee. All the cops need is a reason to pull you over so they can check out the car.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is so true! I have had my car since March and it amazes me how people look at you. Women and children run! Cops stare as you drive by.

Just yesterday I was stopped at a local Pontiac Dealer who has an annual telethon car show for older cars. I pulledin the lot to park in the customer parking area to go talk to my hot rod buddies but driving my Bee. Even the sales reps all came over to check my car out. That was cool of them!

·
Registered
676 Posts
So far, so good on the tickets....haven't had a single one yet. My theory is that the combination of the Detonator Yellow with the black stickers acts as some sort of "cop stealth". Maybe they are so focused on the beauty in front of them that they completely forget whatever it was that they should have been pulling you over for. Just a theory of mine......knock on wood.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Young or old it doesnt matter. I get looks and comments constantly about my SuperBee. I was suprised. I knew I loved the car the first time I saw it I just didnt realize everyone else did too.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think we all agree.......If you're going somewhere that you don't want to be seen. Don't drive the Bee!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tend to think that cops stare at the car just like everyone else because it's simply cool looking; I tink a lot of cops are car enthusiasts, too!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I tend to think that cops stare at the car just like everyone else because it's simply cool looking; I tink a lot of cops are car enthusiasts, too!
Vagabond said:
So far, so good on the tickets....haven't had a single one yet. My theory is that the combination of the Detonator Yellow with the black stickers acts as some sort of "cop stealth". Maybe they are so focused on the beauty in front of them that they completely forget whatever it was that they should have been pulling you over for. Just a theory of mine......knock on wood.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm here to tell you the Bee gets pulled over b4 anything else! Me and a Neon were bookin 80 down a highway, he's in front of me in the left lane about 40 feet, been that way for miles. We come across a HiPo in center median and he somehow clocks me doing 80. He pulls out behind us and gets in my lane and the wig wags go on. $185 please.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good Article. This shouldnt be anything new since you own a Bee. All the cops need is a reason to pull you over so they can check out the car.
You're not kidding there. I was pulled over by a state boy the other week and instead of giving me a ticket, we talked about my car and SRT-8's in general. He was an extremely nice guy, about my age, and understood the need for speed. We talked about the Charger they had at the police post and how much they argue who gets to drive it. He even asked what my monthy payment was, as he was thinking of getting one of these or the Challenger when it comes out.:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts