Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I've been lurking here about a week, soaking up information and I've gotten to know a lot of you guys just by reading about you and your sweet Charger's. I know it is in poor taste to just register and ask for help, but I'm kind of in a bind and am in the Army overseas, so it is hard to get anything done. I don't really have much in the way of family, so that makes it more difficult. So, I guess I'm saying sorry and asking for a kind soul's help.
I've just finished up an extended tour in Iraq and getting ready to move back to the states in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be stationed in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and am planning on purchasing a new Dodge Charger. Due to all the running around that I will have to do, I will need a car almost immediately when I hit the ground in Arizona. It doesn't matter where in Arizona I purchase it, but the closer to Tucson the better :wink: I've never bought a new car before, but have the money and really don't want to get ripped off...I've heard some horror stories, and with supporting a family on soldiers pay I would like to get the best deal I can.
Is there anyone here that has any contacts at a car dealership in Arizona that can cut me a fair deal? I have the money ready, and am ready to seal this deal so I can arrive in the beginning of August and jump right in a car. In exchange for someone's help, I can offer some monetary compensation, or perhaps some Iraqi memerobilia or memento's......and I'll let you name the new car!!
The best deal I can get here is through Military car sales, and that is for a Charger with Electronics convenience group and the upgraded mp/3 radio (but not the subwoofers and better amp...they don't offer it here) with 7 year 75000 mile warranty with $100.00 deductible for $32,026.00 dollars. The thing with this is that they won't deliver until the end of September, and with a family, no house yet, and a baby that just won't work for me.
If anyone could help me I would be in your debt, and I deeply apologize again for just posting and asking for help. I really wish I would have found this site sooner and have gotten to know you guys personally before asking for help, but i hope to get to know you all and share jokes and ride stories. Thanks, and have a great one guys.

Polynikes

PS. Already started a bank account to save for Zoomers!!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I wish i could help you out soldier, but i don't know anyone in Arizona... however I must compliment you on your choice of nicknames... Polynikes... one of the hero's from Gates of Fire (book about the 300 Spartans fighting the Persian army at Thermopylae) great book btw!! he's a real badass.

Anyway back to the question... Well to clear some stuff up I want to make that your are getting a Charger R/T (5.7L V-8 HEMI)... if not this is way too expensive for an SE or SXT. As far as I know no Chargers come with a 7/75000 mi warranty, its a standard 3/36000, so that is a good deal you are getting there. As far as price, is that total as in tax included? Because it sounds real close to MSRP. Check out dodge.com and build a charger with the options you stated above and it will give you a good idea of one might pay retail.

Sorry i can't help anymore. :)

-George

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi George,
I can't believe that the first response picked up on the book!! I usually get quizzed on my oddball nickname a lot.
Thanks for responding. Yes, the price is for the R/T. The extended warranty added $1,410.00 to the price. The base price before options is $28,573.00, and they charge Inland freight charge of $675.00, Delivery Point processing fee of $250.00, and a stock storage fee of $150.00. That along with the warranty and options came out to the $32,026.00.
I'm kind of nervous witht his being my first new car, and I read about these great stories of people paying near invoice, just never having done it before not sure how I'll do bargaining. Also, military moves are tough, especially without a car, so I'm praying someone in the Arizona area has some contacts or good relationship with dealer that can help out.
Thanks again for the reply George, and I hope to talk with you more!

Polynikes

Manris said:
I wish i could help you out soldier, but i don't know anyone in Arizona... however I must compliment you on your choice of nicknames... Polynikes... one of the hero's from Gates of Fire (book about the 300 Spartans fighting the Persian army at Thermopylae) great book btw!! he's a real badass.

Anyway back to the question... Well to clear some stuff up I want to make that your are getting a Charger R/T (5.7L V-8 HEMI)... if not this is way too expensive for an SE or SXT. As far as I know no Chargers come with a 7/75000 mi warranty, its a standard 3/36000, so that is a good deal you are getting there. As far as price, is that total as in tax included? Because it sounds real close to MSRP. Check out dodge.com and build a charger with the options you stated above and it will give you a good idea of one might pay retail.

Sorry i can't help anymore. :)

-George

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hey thanks for serving and I hope everything goes well moving to Arizona. Sierra Vista is a nice area and close to some decent fishing and Arizona wine country.

I can't help you with Tucson info, but Ed Moses Dodge in Scottsdale is probably the quickest, easiest, and fairest way to buy a new Charger. Their web site includes special internet pricing. I believe the internet prices are no-haggle, and they seem very fair. Check it out here:
http://edmosesdodge.com/Default.aspx?page=new-inventory

For most R/Ts, they're about $2,000 under MSRP. Some dealers here still want MSRP or above. Earnhardt, for example, claims they won't sell a Charger for less than $500 over.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is an update:

Looks like I can pick this up from a dealer in Arizona:

Year: 2006
Make: Dodge
Model: Charger
Trim: RT
Exterior Color: BRILL BLK CP
Interior Color: SL/GRYST LTH FRT B
MSRP: $34,395.00
Internet Price: $32,302.00

• Convenience Group 2
Includes dual zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, power adjustable pedals, 8-way power adjustable driver's seat and 6-way power adjustable passenger seat.
• Electronics Convenience Group
Includes instrument cluster with display screen, security alarm, steering wheel mounted audio controls, temperature and compass gauge, trip computer, universal garage door opener and vehicle information center.
• Navigation Radio
Includes 6-disc CD player and full map GPS navigation system. REQUIRES ATL. NOT AVAILABLE with RAK.
• Quick Order Package 29N
Includes vehicle and standard equipment. Package price has been added to vehicle base price. Required for ordering purposes. (Original MSRP $)
• Sirius Satellite Radio
Includes 1-year service provided by Sirius.
• Smoker's Group
Includes cigar lighter and front ashtray.
• Sound Group 2
Includes 322 watt amplifier, 6 Boston Acoustics speakers with subwoofer, AM/FM stereo, cassette player and 6-disc CD player with MP3 playback capability. INCLUDES RAK.
• Uconnect Hands-Free Communication
Includes auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, microphone and activation switches mounted at bottom of the inside rear view mirror and system enabled with Bluetooth technology (no physical docking of customer's handset to vehicle required)

This seems like it would be pretty clost to Invoice, but I don't even know where to go to get the invoice price. Does any of the experienced car buyers think I should jump on this? The dealer is pretty far away from where I will be heading, but I could always fly in to the area then drive to Sierra Vista. Thanks again for looking guys.

Chris Elkins

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dutch!,
Thanks for the info!! I must have found them on the internet right when you posted that....scary. I am going to call them ASAP and buy the Black one sight unseen. Thanks for the kind comments and posting! Really doesn't seem like I can get a better price, and I've searched all through Arizona's stock and they have the only color, option package that I want. Thans again Dutch!

Polynikes

PS I was trying to send you a PM to say thanks, but I think I messed up and reported you by accident. I hope the admins catch it ( they should though, or it might confuse them for a second).

Dutch said:
Hey thanks for serving and I hope everything goes well moving to Arizona. Sierra Vista is a nice area and close to some decent fishing and Arizona wine country.

I can't help you with Tucson info, but Ed Moses Dodge in Scottsdale is probably the quickest, easiest, and fairest way to buy a new Charger. Their web site includes special internet pricing. I believe the internet prices are no-haggle, and they seem very fair. Check it out here:
http://edmosesdodge.com/Default.aspx?page=new-inventory

For most R/Ts, they're about $2,000 under MSRP. Some dealers here still want MSRP or above. Earnhardt, for example, claims they won't sell a Charger for less than $500 over.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hey Chris,
THANK YOU for ALL you have done for our country on behalf of my entire family. Congrats on getting a new Charger. You deserve it pal. Have a GREAT life!!!

Mike/ waiting to order an SRT8 :happy:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Polynikes said:
Looks like I can pick this up from a dealer in Arizona:

Year: 2006
Make: Dodge
Model: Charger
Trim: RT
Exterior Color: BRILL BLK CP
Interior Color: SL/GRYST LTH FRT B
MSRP: $34,395.00
Internet Price: $32,302.00

• Convenience Group 2
Includes dual zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, power adjustable pedals, 8-way power adjustable driver's seat and 6-way power adjustable passenger seat.
• Electronics Convenience Group
Includes instrument cluster with display screen, security alarm, steering wheel mounted audio controls, temperature and compass gauge, trip computer, universal garage door opener and vehicle information center.
• Navigation Radio
Includes 6-disc CD player and full map GPS navigation system. REQUIRES ATL. NOT AVAILABLE with RAK.
• Quick Order Package 29N
Includes vehicle and standard equipment. Package price has been added to vehicle base price. Required for ordering purposes. (Original MSRP $)
• Sirius Satellite Radio
Includes 1-year service provided by Sirius.
• Smoker's Group
Includes cigar lighter and front ashtray.
• Sound Group 2
Includes 322 watt amplifier, 6 Boston Acoustics speakers with subwoofer, AM/FM stereo, cassette player and 6-disc CD player with MP3 playback capability. INCLUDES RAK.
• Uconnect Hands-Free Communication
Includes auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, microphone and activation switches mounted at bottom of the inside rear view mirror and system enabled with Bluetooth technology (no physical docking of customer's handset to vehicle required)

This seems like it would be pretty clost to Invoice, but I don't even know where to go to get the invoice price. Does any of the experienced car buyers think I should jump on this? The dealer is pretty far away from where I will be heading, but I could always fly in to the area then drive to Sierra Vista. Thanks again for looking guys.

Chris Elkins
A good place to find the invoice price is Kelly Blue Book. I punched in all of the equipment listed above, and I came up with an MSRP of $34,395 and a dealer cost of $31,597. I can't explain why there is a discrepency of $200 bewtween the MSRP listed on KBB and the one listed by the dealer. Regardless of which one is correct, their internet price of $32,302 seems fair. If my calculations are correct, they are charging between $500 and $700 over invoice. I'm sure you could get a better deal somewhere else, but given the fact that the car has exactly the options you want and you need it right away, you don't have a lot of bargaining power.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Dutch said:
Earnhardt, for example, claims they won't sell a Charger for less than $500 over.
I got a price of $500 over invoice from them on an R/T, and $1,000 over invoice for the Daytona...

I am getting my Daytona for less then 500 over.....

Polynikes,

I will send you a PM with some Contact #'s ...

D R/T

·
Registered
111 Posts
Polynikes - Good choice in a car. I have had mine for a month. I LOVE IT!!!! I bought it in Chantilly, Virginia at Browns. Mine is Midnight Blue (awesome). I have all the same options as you do with the exception of the lighter (smokers group) and the U-Connect. The smokers (just a lighter) ashtray is standard on R/T's... is 30.00$, the uconnect is 300-350. My sticker was 33,320. However, I have the 950.00 sunroof too. So 33320 minus 950 is 32370 minus 30 is 32340 minus 350 is 31990 base... My 33320 price DID NOT INCLUDE the market value increase you see at just about all VA/DC/MD dealers. I added the NAV system for 1600.00 plus free install, so my final price was 34920. I think your getting a good enough deal for sure!

Enjoy the car... You will LOVE it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Polynikes,

On behalf of my family, id like to say thanks for defending our countrys freedom.

BTW, you deserve any charger you want.

John

·
Registered
352 Posts
Poly The Invoice On That Car With All Those Options Is 31994 And Msrp Is 33805.00. I Have That Invoice Rite Here

·
Registered
331 Posts
jim383 said:
The Invoice On That Car With All Those Options Is 31994 And Msrp Is 33805.00. I Have That Invoice Rite Here.
Why is your figure so much different than the one I arrived at via the Kelly Blue Book site?

·
Registered
662 Posts
gweempose said:
Why is your figure so much different than the one I arrived at via the Kelly Blue Book site?
I think you put in sound group II and Polynike's original post is without it. But then he found this other one...

:cool:

·
Registered
630 Posts
gweempose, I got the same numbers you did... 34195 MSRP, 31597 Invoice (also based on KBB). The KBB numbers are what matched on my order sheet so I believe those to be accurate. If he is getting it for 32302, then that is invoice + 705 (or invoice + 2.23%) either way a sweet deal all around.

And a personal note to Polynike, being a navy brat growing up, I learned as a boy what it means for the men (and ladies) who do the dirty work of keep our freedoms safe. Blessings and a proud "we salute you" to you, your family, and your buddies in service. Well done!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Polynikes said:
Hi Dutch!,
PS I was trying to send you a PM to say thanks, but I think I messed up and reported you by accident. I hope the admins catch it ( they should though, or it might confuse them for a second).

Yep, you reported him alright :happy: I'll recall the hit team.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Polynikes said:
Hi Guys,
I've been lurking here about a week, soaking up information and I've gotten to know a lot of you guys just by reading about you and your sweet Charger's. I know it is in poor taste to just register and ask for help, but I'm kind of in a bind and am in the Army overseas, so it is hard to get anything done. I don't really have much in the way of family, so that makes it more difficult. So, I guess I'm saying sorry and asking for a kind soul's help.
I've just finished up an extended tour in Iraq and getting ready to move back to the states in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be stationed in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and am planning on purchasing a new Dodge Charger. Due to all the running around that I will have to do, I will need a car almost immediately when I hit the ground in Arizona. It doesn't matter where in Arizona I purchase it, but the closer to Tucson the better :wink: I've never bought a new car before, but have the money and really don't want to get ripped off...I've heard some horror stories, and with supporting a family on soldiers pay I would like to get the best deal I can.
Is there anyone here that has any contacts at a car dealership in Arizona that can cut me a fair deal? I have the money ready, and am ready to seal this deal so I can arrive in the beginning of August and jump right in a car. In exchange for someone's help, I can offer some monetary compensation, or perhaps some Iraqi memerobilia or memento's......and I'll let you name the new car!!
The best deal I can get here is through Military car sales, and that is for a Charger with Electronics convenience group and the upgraded mp/3 radio (but not the subwoofers and better amp...they don't offer it here) with 7 year 75000 mile warranty with $100.00 deductible for $32,026.00 dollars. The thing with this is that they won't deliver until the end of September, and with a family, no house yet, and a baby that just won't work for me.
If anyone could help me I would be in your debt, and I deeply apologize again for just posting and asking for help. I really wish I would have found this site sooner and have gotten to know you guys personally before asking for help, but i hope to get to know you all and share jokes and ride stories. Thanks, and have a great one guys.

Polynikes

PS. Already started a bank account to save for Zoomers!!
Hey Polynikes, Ron with Zoomers Exhaust we Just officially became a Supporting Vendor of Charger Forums... Welcome aboard! I want to thank you for your service and extend to you our military discount on a Zoomers exhaust system. PM me and I'll shoot you a price shipped to AZ. Thanks for the Zoomers Plug... I guess you saw the video.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the kind words.....I really can't wait to get home and into the Charger! Plus, I haven't been in the US in a long time, so can't wait to get back to the old red white and blue and see what I've been missing. I'm dying to eat some real food!!

Update on the car, everything was going good with Ed Moses, but then he informed me that the car I posted about has over 1300 miles, and asked if that was okay?!?! That is a lot of miles for a new car, and though I haven't heard back to my response to them it doesn't seem like from their email they are too keen on cutting a discount on it. I contacted Earnhardt, and though they don't know yet if they have in stock what I am looking for they said they could find anything in 2 weeks, so if they do I guess it comes down to negotiation skills and getting a good price. I'll keep you guys updated as my quest for a Charger rolls on. I might have to re-look my color choice and think of something other than black...maybe midnight blue or silver steel. Thanks again guys!

Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Aperformance! Thanks for message, kind words, and offer for military discount! I'll send a PM over to you, and keep in touch when I finally get an address and funds to purchase. Yeah, I saw the video and drooled all over myself it sounded so good. Can't wait, and thinking of selling my laptop to hurry the funds part along..lol. Thanks again.

Chris

Aperformance said:
Hey Polynikes, Ron with Zoomers Exhaust we Just officially became a Supporting Vendor of Charger Forums... Welcome aboard! I want to thank you for your service and extend to you our military discount on a Zoomers exhaust system. PM me and I'll shoot you a price shipped to AZ. Thanks for the Zoomers Plug... I guess you saw the video.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts