Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo!

Well - time is marching on and it will not be long before I have to leave this great land for good (well - for the foreseeable future anyway.....).

With this in mind, and due to the fact that it is a 'necessity' to have a going away get together with my friends and colleagues (a BEER call!) I thought it would be appropriate to throw out an invite to any of you lot who feel that this is a good enough excuse to go out on the town for an evening!

Now - I realise that this has severe geographical issues for most, as this is one HUGE land and the fact that some people would need to travel excessive distances just for a few drinks - I will not be offended if few can make it (well - apart from HemiChemi anyway! ;)).

I thought it would be nice to try and get a few Chargerholics to join in, if they had the funds and the time.

The date: Thursday the 1st November, 2007

The time: Approx 18:30 onwards (until everybody is bored, drunk, or MIA...)

The venue: Not yet finalised - there may be a sit down meal (or grub of some description) and then a visit to a few bars etc.

This is open to patners and wives/husbands etc also.

So - all being well, I'll see a few of ya then. It will give me an opportunity to buy peeps a pint - so make the most of it!

Feel free to see it as a CF event, which just happens to coincide with me being there getting drunk if you like! :D:D

Cheers peeps/peepettes!

Arf

EDITED**********************************************

Rought time-line and locations....

18:00 Shelly and I will be heading towards the '8.0' bar/resteraunt for some pre-evening meal drinks;
19:00 (approx) we'll be sitting down for Dinner at the '8.0';

20:00 (approx) we'll be heading for the famous Flying Saucer for a few beers;
21:00 (approx) We'll do whatever the majority of those remaining feel like doing!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
MAN 1700 plus miles away:(

Wish I could be there!!!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MAN 1700 plus miles away:(

Wish I could be there!!!
I know buddy - I know. If this was in the UK and I had it in the Midlands, it wouldn't be much more than a 4 hr train ride to attend from just about anywhere! :nervous s

There might be a few just mad enough - I think Bernie is coming down from Canada....

·
Registered
487 Posts
How many of these threads does one Brit need anyway? You know I'll be there (cherring you on with a kegstand!).

I hope a requirement to be there isnt to have a Charger in your possession - especially as the Guest Of Honors will be on a Boat in the Atlantic!

·
Registered
487 Posts
you do know you started 2 of these? right?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many of these threads does one Brit need anyway? You know I'll be there (cherring you on with a kegstand!).

I hope a requirement to be there isnt to have a Charger in your possession - especially as the Guest Of Honors will be on a Boat in the Atlantic!
Hehehe - and it's an 'Off Friday' the next day.... :D

Nope - no Chargers are necessary!

you do know you started 2 of these? right?
Yeah - one for my Texas buddies and one for the Off Topic! :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Jus Checkin - I know that we have that "fuzzy math" down here in TX - and just wanted my English friend to know.

Dont worry Arf - I'll let you ride in the 'Lime - though not if you need a WasteBasket!

Should be good times - I'll make sure to bring a camera. Why not meet up at some indiscreet street corner to get all the "peeps" together - then truck it on in to the bar?

·
Super Moderator
11,765 Posts
So - all being well, I'll see a few of ya then. It will give me an opportunity to buy peeps a pint - so make the most of it!

Arf
You know there's not much Mr. Flexy wouldn't do for a beer; free or otherwise. Notwithstanding, a trip from Toronto to Fort Worth is just slightly beyond reasonable, even for a beer-a-holic like me. :)

Have fun, and maybe take some pics and post them afterwards...

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Since I'm in NC I won't be making it. However, if I were, I would recommend some place in the stock yards since it is the heart of Ft. Worth and easy to get to. May be some place like the White Elephant.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
G** D*** IT! Mark I'm sorry, I can't make it. It's not the drive so much as I have "the job" and a 4 day shoot 1-4 Nov that I still haven't figured out how I'm going to swing.

So in place of it in person, here's to ya!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jus Checkin - I know that we have that "fuzzy math" down here in TX - and just wanted my English friend to know.

Dont worry Arf - I'll let you ride in the 'Lime - though not if you need a WasteBasket!

Should be good times - I'll make sure to bring a camera. Why not meet up at some indiscreet street corner to get all the "peeps" together - then truck it on in to the bar?
I'm open to suggestions - if the Charger gang want to meet up before we trudge and meet all the other hooligans - that's good by me! :)

You know there's not much Mr. Flexy wouldn't do for a beer; free or otherwise. Notwithstanding, a trip from Toronto to Fort Worth is just slightly beyond reasonable, even for a beer-a-holic like me. :)

Have fun, and maybe take some pics and post them afterwards...

-=FLEX=-
I totally understand. I'll have one...or two... for you. :)

i will be there
Kewl! :grin:

Since I'm in NC I won't be making it. However, if I were, I would recommend some place in the stock yards since it is the heart of Ft. Worth and easy to get to. May be some place like the White Elephant.
Been there before.....once or twice...:nervous s .

G** D*** IT! Mark I'm sorry, I can't make it. It's not the drive so much as I have "the job" and a 4 day shoot 1-4 Nov that I still haven't figured out how I'm going to swing.

So in place of it in person, here's to ya!

Hehehe - no worries buddy - I know this will be difficult for peeps. I'll have one for you too! :D

LOL @ the emoticons!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'll try and be there, I'm just not sure if I'll be back from vacation by then. If I am I'll try for it.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Three words:

BEER ME, LIMEY. :D

I'm there!
Great stuff - details to follow. :)

I'll try and be there, I'm just not sure if I'll be back from vacation by then. If I am I'll try for it.
No worries if you can't. Be great to see ya. :)

Tell me again, why do I live in Michigan?

Tip one for me Mark.
Will do buddy! :lol:

Oooh, oooh! Pick me! Pick me! I know the answer!!!! :D
Go on then - before you wet yourself! :grin:

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bone daddys in grapevine comes to mind as a good place mark :)
Hehe - yeah! :)

Downtown Fort Worth was chosen because it is pretty central to most of the peeps that will be turning up. :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.