Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thought just popped into my head. You are probably more likely to be pulled over by a cop in a Daytona than an R/T. The Daytonas just have that "Eat my dust!" kind of look to them. That's what makes them so cool. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
gweempose said:
A thought just popped into my head. You are probably more likely to be pulled over by a cop in a Daytona than an R/T. The Daytonas just have that "Eat my dust!" kind of look to them. That's what makes them so cool. :)
from my experience cops like myself dont pay attention to 4 door sedans as much as the little civics with coffee cans sticking out of there ass end and a little pearl of wisdom if you dont do any thing wrong cops wont mess with you

·
Registered
587 Posts
In the last week, I have had three cops flip a ***** and follow me. One tried to be sneaky and lay back then hit me with the radar. I was in a residential and slowed down to let him catch up. He sees me going slow so he stops and just sits on the side of the road until I was out of sight. Sucks that it happens.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dennisthemenace said:
Just dont put any of those darn neon lights under it, and youll be fine. Those things are cop magnets.
GOD I LOVE WRITING PEOPLE FOR THOSE DAMN NEON LIGHTS
PRESS HARD FIVE COPIES LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
ChargerOsix said:
In the last week, I have had three cops flip a ***** and follow me. One tried to be sneaky and lay back then hit me with the radar. I was in a residential and slowed down to let him catch up. He sees me going slow so he stops and just sits on the side of the road until I was out of sight. Sucks that it happens.
MAYBE THEY JUST WANT TO LOOK AT THE CAR TO SEE IT UP CLOSE THERE IS A LOT OF HOOPLA OVER THE POLICE CHARGER YA KNOW

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Good thought, cop, I imagine most of them have seen the reports and are interested.

I would venture to say that the graphics might draw slightly more attention. And the unusual colors of the Daytonas also.

·
Banned
99 Posts
It may not get you stoped any more. The problem is your more likely to get the ticket. Many cops will let you go in your family sedan. Put decals and a wing and count on the ticket.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adaptabl said:
Many cops will let you go in your family sedan. Put decals and a wing and count on the ticket.
That's pretty much what I was thinking as well. Depending on the violation, they may let you off with a warning if you're in a more sedate looking vehicle, but there is no way they're going to give you the benefit of the doubt when your car is bright orange and has "DAYTONA" and "HEMI" written all over it.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I look at it this way....

If I had ordered a regular R/T, I would spend a few grand, making it look the way I would want on the outside... buying the daytona, I dont need to do anything to the outside... so either way... the car would end up looking more like a sports sedan then a family car...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
copcharger said:
MAYBE THEY JUST WANT TO LOOK AT THE CAR TO SEE IT UP CLOSE THERE IS A LOT OF HOOPLA OVER THE POLICE CHARGER YA KNOW
I agree...when I came into Arizona I was waved through the off-interstate checkpoint. I was driving past the trooper and he started waving for me to
stop. He just came over and wanted to see the car. We spent about 15 minutes talking and looking...then I went on my way.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
copcharger said:
GOD I LOVE WRITING PEOPLE FOR THOSE DAMN NEON LIGHTS
PRESS HARD FIVE COPIES LOL
Here in AZ, so long as the tube is not visible... you can run-em all you want...
cops can't give you a ticket, but they will use it as an exhuse to pull you over...

I installed them on my AV for when I go to shows, but 99% of the time I use them is when I am installing something under the truck at night... They make great worklights for installing nerf bars and cat-back exhaust kits... :) the above 2 time are the ONLY time my green glow is ever on....

I dont run them on the road because 1) I dont care about them that much. and 2) I dont want the hassle....

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Reason Cops Dont Like Them Is That They Are A Distraction To Other Drivers. Ever Find Yourself Looking At A Cop When He Has Some One Pulled Over Instead Of Watching The Road. People Are Naturaly Attracted To Bright Flashy Things. I Have Had To Be On The Scene Of Some Very Nasty Accidents Caused By People Watching Something Flashy And Usualy Its Not The Guy That Was Not Paying Attention That Gets Hurt The Worst. But Back On Track To The Orriginal Thread Ive Been Pulled Over Once In My Charger And It Was For Speeding Not Cuz I Was Driving A Car That Looked Agressive Lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
I dont mind if they want to check out the car but why do they have to try to give me a ticket in the process and be sneaky about it at that. One of the other three actually sped ahead of me then sat down, waited for me to pass then hit the radar. It wouldnt have been so bad if he hadn't pulled a U-turn to do it. After three similar incidents, you start to wonder.

To make things more interesting, yesterday, some idiot in a white truck was tailing me. I pulled to the right lane to let him pass and twice, the guy slowed, then casually drifted in my lane, twice, forcing me into the emergency lane. After the second time, I floored it and that was the end of it. So needless to say, I've parked my Charger for a while and will be driving the Stratus. When more of these cars hit the road and seen more often, I'll pull it out again. Maybe parking the car is a drastic move, but at the moment, I'm sick of the headache.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Safe to say the cars are going to be HUGE when lots start to gather inventory and "normal" people realize they exist....Parking your car because of harrasment. THATS insane. :) In a good way :monster:

·
Registered
537 Posts
So now its almost a year since the last post on this topic and there are a lot more Dayton's on the road. Do you guys (girl's?) who are driving Daytona's now feel that you are raising more police officer's eyebrows in your Daytona then the less flashy sticker-less charger?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
ChargerPhotographer said:
So now its almost a year since the last post on this topic and there are a lot more Dayton's on the road. Do you guys (girl's?) who are driving Daytona's now feel that you are raising more police officer's eyebrows in your Daytona then the less flashy sticker-less charger?
Yes I do. Like Honey to a Bee these things (the PoPo's being Bees....) :D

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
They're watchin me, but then again, they've been watching me since I had my Chevelle... I have been pulled over more with this car, but the last 3 times was by the same cop, all 3 were harrasment (tried to get me for things that I didn't do wrong) and I filed harrasment charges on him. They deffinately watch the orange car with decals more than the others around my area...

·
Registered
537 Posts
so driving a honey pot on wheels that screams hey cop check me out. do you have any regrets buying your daytona?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
so driving a honey pot on wheels that screams hey cop check me out. do you have any regrets buying your daytona?
No x 1,000,000 :wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts