Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the R/T performance package, and I was wondering how much better the upgraded seats are vs. the regular seats. Any opinions?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
gweempose said:
I'm thinking about getting the R/T performance package, and I was wondering how much better the upgraded seats are vs. the regular seats. Any opinions?
IMVHO, there's no comparo. The side and bottom bolsters are much more supportive, as well as overall back support and comfort. The stock R/T seat are very good, but the upgrade is worth the money IMHO. :) Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
The only two negitive things I could see are that they are vinyl rather than leather and, you may loose some rear leg room as they look thicker than the standard seats...if this bothers you, I think you can opt. for the standard leather buckets in the daytona and mabey in the R/T pac. too.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
My understanding of the vinyl vs. leather vs. suede is that all of the seats actually use vinyl for the majority of seating area. The leather seats are actually leather trimmed and the suede seats replace the leather surfaces with suede (also a form of leather, by the way). Only in very high-end cars do you get fully leather seating surfaces.

Regarding opting for keeping the regular seats, I don't think you can do that. When I placed the order for my R/T and added the R&T Performance Group, the dealer said that I had to change the seating to performance suede (the option package requires it for some reason). It's a trade of I wasn't thrilled to make but decided was worth it.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I also thought the standard leather trimmed seats where an option in performance group.
But I took another look at the catalog and that package only lists the performance seats with suede inserts. No options.
________
Live Sex

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
mnunes said:
My understanding of the vinyl vs. leather vs. suede is that all of the seats actually use vinyl for the majority of seating area. The leather seats are actually leather trimmed and the suede seats replace the leather surfaces with suede (also a form of leather, by the way). Only in very high-end cars do you get fully leather seating surfaces.

Regarding opting for keeping the regular seats, I don't think you can do that. When I placed the order for my R/T and added the R&T Performance Group, the dealer said that I had to change the seating to performance suede (the option package requires it for some reason). It's a trade of I wasn't thrilled to make but decided was worth it.
Question: On on the performance seats, the suede has replaced what was genuine leather on the standard R/T seats, correct? Is that suede real? I read elsewhere it was one of those microfiber synthetic surfaces...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts