Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Because I have a 2014 R/T Max AWD, my exhaust options are limited. From what I can find, I can do shorty headers and a cat-back, but options for long tubes and mid-pipes are pretty much non-existent. I know that doing headers on our cars are a PITA, I'm wondering if it's worth it to do just the shorty headers and cat-back? Obviously, I can get something that I think sounds better but not sure if I'll notice any performance gains?

If I do shorty's, do I still need a tune? Are they going to be okay if I decide to do a cam later?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
A custom tune is not required for shorty headers but I updated my custom tune after installing shorty headers and the performance was much smoother. Shorty headers with a cam are just fine ... especially with a street cam and not a race cam. A custom tune will improve performance of even a stock engine and will take advantage of any additional bolt-on mods (e.g. headers, cat-back, etc...).

Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More | Diablo | SCT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts