Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love a set of cragar 610s with raised white letter tires, but is seems that white letters are a thing of the past and destined to stay there.

Are there any possibilities?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I think the only option you have would be to get some tire letter paint.

http://duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html

I know you can still get them in 14, 15 and 16" tires though...

Also, saw a newer Caddy with white wall tires yesterday. I almost hit another car 'cause I was laughing so hard at how funny it looked....

·
Premium Member
17,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I know you can still get them in 14, 15 and 16" tires though...

Also, saw a newer Caddy with white wall tires yesterday. I almost hit another car 'cause I was laughing so hard at how funny it looked....
Yeah, I know about that. I'm just hoping the TireRack guys might know something else.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

I have 3 of those pens someplace. Tried it on a spot on my moms old Dynasty.... still there after 8 months. But I never had the nerve to do the Chargers stock Goodyear's. Now I have a set of Coopers in the rear... and Goodyear's still on the front. I think that wouldn't work out to well... good thing I didn't do it after all. You can get the pens at Autozone or order online. But in answer to the question.... NO WHITE lettering on our tire size 18" or larger.

WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
But in answer to the question.... NO WHITE lettering on our tire size 18" or larger.

WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

Simple - COST... When I bought RWL tires for my Chevelle, Cutlass' and my Ram, the cost went up per tire just for the RWL. I think the tire companies think people won't spend an extra amount on RWL when the tires are already @ $250+ per tire.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Simple - COST... When I bought RWL tires for my Chevelle, Cutlass' and my Ram, the cost went up per tire just for the RWL. I think the tire companies think people won't spend an extra amount on RWL when the tires are already @ $250+ per tire.

Yea but with all the new high HP cars out now, you think they would make at least one style in all sizes. But then you would need Cragars to mount them on! Wow what a combo that would be. The "new" style Cragars are ugly, and you can get them for our sizes... but here again, they dont offer "deep-dish" for the rears.

Now I'm showing my age....:whistle:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello,
I noticed your post just recently. The others are right in that there are no RWL tires available in 18" or larger. Athough they are still available in the retro muscle car tire sizes. I have heard good reports about a product available from Iceland that can be used to "paint on" whitewalls. I imagine that it would work okay to paint the letters on your tires. I very seriously doubt it would take much abuse from say, a curb.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hello,
I noticed your post just recently. The others are right in that there are no RWL tires available in 18" or larger. Athough they are still available in the retro muscle car tire sizes. I have heard good reports about a product available from Iceland that can be used to "paint on" whitewalls. I imagine that it would work okay to paint the letters on your tires. I very seriously doubt it would take much abuse from say, a curb.
The biggest problem with painting the letters on lower profile tires like ours is sidewall flex. Too much flex and the paint will crack and fall off. I think thats why you don't see painted letters on alot of performance tires now days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
nCharge that looks sweet. This reminded me of the gangster whitewalls some kids painted on their tires in high school. Am I showing my age?

pACE2-1189267dt.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts