Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Magnum that just failed inspection because the upper (pictured) and lower control arms are damaged/worn. The numbers on the parts don’t seem to correspond with any OE part numbers I can find. Are the numbers pictured NOT the actual part numbers?

From the Rock Auto website, all the compatible part numbers are similar to this:
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 4782665AC, 4782665AE, 4782665AF, 68045131AC, 68045131AD, 68045131AE

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The numbers stamped on those parts don't appear to be Mopar part numbers, so I would disregard them.

Likewise, you can disregard the last digit of the OEM part numbers you provided. That digit (in alpha format) only indicates revisions.

·
Registered
2021 SXT AWD Blacktop Winter Package
59 Posts
That’s the beauty of the LX cars, a lot of things are cross compatible. A friend of mine swapped out the entire suspension on his Magnum R/T out of an SRT Challenger. Complete bolt on swap… Same with the Challenger front clip he put on, he did a little bit of body to make the lines match but mechanically it all bolted up.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
I'd bet they're aftermarket. Note the L and R, for left and right. I'd also guess that the 03/12 would be the date they there produced. Have you Googled the 38079 or 38078 to see if anything returns? The numbers you list from RA, fit the format of OEM part numbers. The early Chargers/Magnums suffered from front suspension pieces that were not up to the task, so you will likely find updated parts. Make sure you go back in with the latest version.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Yes Police Magnum control arms are same as R/T. Only difference in Police and R/T up front could be and likely would be the diameter of the anti-sway bar.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,424 Posts
Police Tension struts are heavier duty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts