Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys/gals been getting the cold shoulder from other drivers?? Like them cutting you off, or dirty looks? Yes most say "nice car" or "wow.. look at that Charger", but others are just down-right IGNORANT!

Had this happen today as an example....

Driving normally, no antics, and as I come up to a red light, there is this peice-of-sh#t 1980 big ass Bronco at that light. We wait... then proceed. The next like comes up and we both stop again, this time I look to see who's who. Ok... man and woman, one kid in the back. Next light..... the woman (as ugly as her ride) and says.... "get a real Charger"!!!!! Husband doesn't say or do anything. Nor I. Next light.... again she says... "and the real Charger sounded better too". (Just had my exhaust done, and the dam thing roar's.) Again... husband nothing. That was that. This time, just before my turn I screamed at both of them...."your house fell off your hitch about 10 blocks back". Hillbilly assholes!!!!!!!

I ask myself... why are people like that?

I work hard... I have nice toys because of that. Get a job hillbilly and then maybe you can get out of that Bronco, and into a real home!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
very funny.....i would have left them in the dust and let the engine do the speaking but i may have just flipped them off....lol

hasn't happened yet...hopefully never.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
You got something against hillbillies?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

So far, everyone's been great to me. ...so far...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 95% hunch they're really just jealous they couldn't afford one. I'd have screamed out "If you like the old chargers so much, go buy one." :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
a14umbra said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

same thing here, about everyone being so great - hehe, i went to a picnic this weekend and there was 5 mustang owners and they had nothing but great comments. i was pretty happy with that situation...i figured if i am getting flamed - here it is! but they really liked the car. it was fun.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I had a picnic today with a bunch of friends I hadn't seen for quite a while. Most of them were not "car people". Everyone swarmed around my car. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I got this a few times at Auto Fair car show I was in this weekend. Some of them were giving the same old comment about the four doors. I just told them I am glad I get to own an awesome sport sedan that I can fit my whole family in. And if they had a car that was worthy of the street I would race them any day, because my Charger rocks man. On my way home almost five hour drive I was challenged a few times. A Chevy Colorado, Buick la saber, Chevy Lumina, Ford turbo diesel and a Harley. All were smoked or they just swallowed there gut and said holy $hit that thing is fast and just gave up.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
nCHARGE said:
"your house fell off your hitch about 10 blocks back". Hillbilly assholes!!!!!!!
My head hurts from hitting my computer desk after falling outta my chair from reading that!!!

I've only had 2 people say they don't like my car, but I know they were just jelous (other people they know have told me they wanted to buy one but couldn't work it into the budget). Everyone else seems to really love these cars...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a14umbra said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sorry what is this a GEICO commercial!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Crap...i can't get anyone to race me! (Except one - I think it was a Navigator or a SUV Caddy or something like that..it wasn't even funny). I live one of the most populus areas of the country and there are plenty of vette's, ricers, stangs...all just say wave and I guess respect the ride. Which is great I guess, but I don't want to be the ass out there that pulls up a revs on everyone.

I am trying to get this dude at work to stop talking sh!t with his 350z. This other dude was like, "His 350 will kill you man..." I really don't think so, esp. after my mods...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crazy_luck said:
nCHARGE said:
"your house fell off your hitch about 10 blocks back". Hillbilly assholes!!!!!!!
QUOTE]

My head hurts from hitting my computer desk after falling outta my chair from reading that!!!

I've only had 2 people say they don't like my car, but I know they were just jelous (other people they know have told me they wanted to buy one but couldn't work it into the budget). Everyone else seems to really love these cars...
Yea... after saying it, I started to laugh too... but I was so pissed!!!!! Sometimes things like that just pop into my head. People!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
nCHARGE said:
Have you guys/gals been getting the cold shoulder from other drivers?? Like them cutting you off, or dirty looks? Yes most say "nice car" or "wow.. look at that Charger", but others are just down-right IGNORANT!

Had this happen today as an example....

Driving normally, no antics, and as I come up to a red light, there is this peice-of-sh#t 1980 big ass Bronco at that light. We wait... then proceed. The next like comes up and we both stop again, this time I look to see who's who. Ok... man and woman, one kid in the back. Next light..... the woman (as ugly as her ride) and says.... "get a real Charger"!!!!! Husband doesn't say or do anything. Nor I. Next light.... again she says... "and the real Charger sounded better too". (Just had my exhaust done, and the dam thing roar's.) Again... husband nothing. That was that. This time, just before my turn I screamed at both of them...."your house fell off your hitch about 10 blocks back". Hillbilly assholes!!!!!!!

I ask myself... why are people like that?

I work hard... I have nice toys because of that. Get a job hillbilly and then maybe you can get out of that Bronco, and into a real home!
They're several things going on here nCharge. 1 Hubby has an incurable form of ED from looking at his wife whom plastic surgeons have said "We don't have the technology to fix THAT mug". Also she's probably the one sporting the wood anyway. :whistle: :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
mmaloy said:
They're several things going on here nCharge. 1 Hubby has an incurable form of ED from looking at his wife whom plastic surgeons have said "We don't have the technology to fix THAT mug". Also she's probably the one sporting the wood anyway. :whistle: :happy:
LMAO!!! :happy: :cry:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too have a hard time finding anyone that wants to play. One kid in an Eagle Talon wanted to go from a stoplight, and a few people have wanted to play on the highway, but other than that, just nods and waves. I've gotten mostly positive feedback on the car with plenty of "I love that car." Even had a client go crazy about how she wants her husband to get one SOOO badly. That was strange....
Only negative feedback has been mixed with positive as well. "I like the car a lot, but I don't think they should have called it a Charger," type stuff.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GoDaddy said:
LMAO!!! :happy: :cry:
Elvis mode......."Thank You, Thank You Very Much"!! :) :) :wink:

·
Registered
705 Posts
People can be jealous ass holes. My Dad who is one of the nicest people you would ever meet has gotten harrased a few times. He drives a older Hummer and a kit car hummer he built with his own hands. Several people in jacked up jeeps have given him trash at stop lights. One guy even flipped him off for no reason at all. I just wish one time I was there because I do not take people messing with my family lightly.

I only had one incident like this myself. One day I was in my denali w/23" rims just minding my own business. This semi driver was riding my ass so close I could not beleive he had not hit me. I stuck my head out the window and asked him what his promblem was. He starts talking something about my car and I hear air brakes and all this other stuff going off as he gets out of the truck to confront me. He steps out of his truck like he wanted to fight and is about 5' 5" and 175lbs. I step out of my truck at 6' 9" 325lbs. He took one look at me turned mubbling something about my wheels and climbed back in his truck.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:
People can be jealous ass holes. My Dad who is one of the nicest people you would ever meet has gotten harrased a few times. He drives a older Hummer and a kit car hummer he built with his own hands. Several people in jacked up jeeps have given him trash at stop lights. One guy even flipped him off for no reason at all. I just wish one time I was there because I do not take people messing with my family lightly.

I only had one incident like this myself. One day I was in my denali w/23" rims just minding my own business. This semi driver was riding my ass so close I could not beleive he had not hit me. I stuck my head out the window and asked him what his promblem was. He starts talking something about my car and I hear air brakes and all this other stuff going off as he gets out of the truck to confront me. He steps out of his truck like he wanted to fight and is about 5' 5" and 175lbs. I step out of my truck at 6' 9" 325lbs. He took one look at me turned mubbling something about my wheels and climbed back in his truck.
i just have one question - what football team do you play for? :wink:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:

I would have got the DOT # off his rig and called it in. I have had several semitrucks tailgate me over the years and about 4 months ago (still had the ram) I was on my way home from work and this DHL truck was tailgaiting me. I was in the left lane doing 72 in a 65, there was another car in front of me, so I couldn't go any faster and this ******* in the DHL truck was litteraly 3 inches from my bumper. I called the county police from my cell phone and told the opperator where I was and what was going on, they said there were units on the way. The next thing I know, I see a state trooper coming w/ his lights on from the other direction, he went thru the center median and pulled the truck over. Another one pulled me over half a mile down the road to get a full written report. They revoked the guys class 'A' license and arrested him (not to mention he got fired from DHL)

·
Registered
705 Posts
"i just have one question - what football team do you play for?"

I have heard that question alot. I was either to young, dumb or blind to do anything about it when I had the chance.

Crazyluck that is a good idea actually. I never thought about it in the past when truck drivers start being ass hats. Ill keep that in mind next time.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
70 AAR Cuda said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people will get out of their vehicle to confront someone whom they've never seen before, have no earthly idea how big that person might be. Not to mention the fact you could very well find yourself looking down the barrel of a Colt 45. You know the saying fellas, don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash. These idiots just don't get it, or worse don't care.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts