Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, stay tuned for my install of my moded apple TV to hookup to my Pioneer AVH 5500BHS!

Required parts :

IOS Device

Double DIN stereo, any will work as long as it has VGA and or HDMI input $250-900

Apple TV 2nd or 3rd Gen $80-100 ( Moded to accept 12v DC instead of 110V AC )

HDMI to VGA adapter $5-20 ( Only necessary if the deck doesn't have a HDMI input )

CD IV202av Cable kit made by Pioneer ( My deck does not have a direct VGA/HDMI input so this is needed ) $80-100

Wire/Soldering Iron and Solder

Depending on setup a 12v to 3-5v 15w Step down converter $5-10

This will be a fairly simple process, I am just waiting for some parts to come in the mail to complete setup!

The apple TV itself fits PERFECTLY in my 2010 Dodge Charger in the bottom change/wallet holder below temp controls.

Will have detailed install pictures in a week or 2!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I like how you said it'll be a simple install haha! I wouldn't even attempt it, you guys that know how do these electronics impress me, wish I knew what you guys did! Lookin' forward to the results!
:beerchug:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys, stay tuned for my install of my moded apple TV to hookup to my Pioneer AVH 5500BHS!

Required parts :

IOS Device

Double DIN stereo, any will work as long as it has VGA and or HDMI input $250-900

Apple TV 2nd or 3rd Gen $80-100 ( Moded to accept 12v DC instead of 110V AC )

HDMI to VGA adapter $5-20 ( Only necessary if the deck doesn't have a HDMI input )

CD IV202av Cable kit made by Pioneer ( My deck does not have a direct VGA/HDMI input so this is needed ) $80-100

Wire/Soldering Iron and Solder

Depending on setup a 12v to 3-5v 15w Step down converter $5-10

This will be a fairly simple process, I am just waiting for some parts to come in the mail to complete setup!

The apple TV itself fits PERFECTLY in my 2010 Dodge Charger in the bottom change/wallet holder below temp controls.

Will have detailed install pictures in a week or 2!!
Did you finish this install I like to know how it turned out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts