Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, someone please help me out here. i'm havin trouble understanding the difference between the exhaust system that is one magnaflow muffler with a dual in and dual out and two seperate magnaflows side by side each being a single in single out? what are the differnces between these two setups?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i think magnaflow tried to keep the back pressure in the system to keep low end response happy.and to keep the raspy sound down. it has a little more growl but fairly quiet other than that

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Here is both images for you so you can choose...

THey are both great sounding kits, just depends if you want single or duals. I happen to stock both setups so feel free to call me if you need help deciding...

·
Registered
230 Posts
that set up has 1 in 1 out resonators at the tip. You could take the resonators off.

·
Registered
230 Posts
ok, someone please help me out here. i'm havin trouble understanding the difference between the exhaust system that is one magnaflow muffler with a dual in and dual out and two seperate magnaflows side by side each being a single in single out? what are the differnces between these two setups?
the dual in dual out acts like an x pipe and equalizes the pressure

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my guy did not have or order in any of the magnaflow kits, he just put two magnaflow mufflers on side by side and the pipes came back and have no resonators then tips on ends. so what would be the difference from doing the two mufflers as compared to the one that some get that has a dual in and out? is one way better than the other? are two mufflers better than one? and for the "general", the resonators deleted is goin to be louder. it is loud i think but not too loud. i am very happy with mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, the two resonators that are before the tips come out. they are reducing the sound.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
you should get more sound out of the single wall tips i got 2 of part # 35131 they are 3" tips but 4" are available too you can see them on magnaflow.com
but i hope you're not still gonna get that kit if you plan on the setup with no resonators. you'll be paying for stuff you dont need you only need a dual in dual out magnaflow or two single in single out magnaflows

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what kind of tips do you have now? and no, all the muffler guys i talked to didn't suggest the flowmaster for the v6. had some higher pitched sound then the magnaflows.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well they look to be double walled tips, as said before if you want it louder let someone take off the resonators and if still not loud enough i would replace the tips with some single walled.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep, me too, heck i don't even have a pic yet had the car less than three weeks and got tint, tires and 20s and dual exhaust..and no pics...i'm slackin...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts