Charger Forums banner

Anyone upgraded to SSBC calipers?

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  carchitect 
#1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their calipers to the three piston front calipers from SSBC?i have searched but havent found anything. I have a couple questions. Are they a good caliper? i dont need anything larger than this nor can i afford anything larger. Also do they bolt on to the v6 braking system? i have searched and Marylandspeed has them. however it shows that they only fit the RT according to their website.

http://marylandspeed.com/ssbc-front...i-magnum-charger-300c-ssbc-a189-1-p-2209.html

BMC also has them but the website says that is also fits the v6's and both places have the same part number listed.

http://www.bmcspeedshop.com/product_p/ssb-a189-1bk.htm

On the SSBC website only the 2006's are listed to be able to use these calipers. I know of TCE and their willwood upgrade but that is just to much for me to spend right now and i dnt need that much. I have already have the R1 drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads. but i have had a couple close calls recently that i slammed the brakes and it took forever to stop. These stock one piston calipers are just not enough for the size of these cars.

Any thoughts comments or opinions are appreciated

Thanks everyone,

Michael

See less See more
#3 ·
do you have any pics? where did you get them at? and how was the install?

Thanks,

Michael

#5 ·
The car is kept in oaklahoma in my dads garage. The install was simple for our builder cus it was done with the top to bottom restore. I am going up to see him @ the end of october and that would be the next chance i would have for photos. I have hard copys, but no scanner

#4 ·
Instead of getting those why not some R/T take-off from Pick A Part?

#9 ·
I thought of that but i would rather get something new than used.

#6 ·
oh ok no problem thanks

anyone else have any imput?

#7 ·
bump... :D

#8 · (Edited)
morning bump.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.