Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a guy swearing how the Red Line 5W20 quiets the Hemi Tick, not the worn cam lobe & lifter rollers.

I'm good on mine but am surprised I've never heard mention of the brand and weight on the forums. Damn pricey though.

Red Line 5W20

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack WB
74 Posts
Nope no reason to............

Been a Schaeffer's oil fan.................MOLY in it and MEETS Dodge spec's

Own 3 Hemi's and they love it

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,111 Posts
Unless some one is doing some oil testing with oils I never believe anyone. And I have yet to see any oil actually cure anything far as hemi's, ticking, and lifter/cams go.

Reactions: FlyersHockey

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,111 Posts
You know what's about to happen, right? lol
Some one is going to tell us why they say that have zero affiliation with a company, yet that company holds the EPA required registration on a line of products, and also has had a lifter failure on a car that strictly ran that elixir?

Actually, Hadn't seen him in while. I bet $20 if he responded he tell us about the medical wonders they are doing, the 20K more customers added, and how they made the oil for the rover on mars but have no proof of any it.

Reactions: Punisher69

·
Registered
191 Posts
Some one is going to tell us why they say that have zero affiliation with a company, yet that company holds the EPA required registration on a line of products, and also has had a lifter failure on a car that strictly ran that elixir?

Actually, Hadn't seen him in while. I bet $20 if he responded he tell us about the medical wonders they are doing, the 20K more customers added, and how they made the oil for the rover on mars but have no proof of any it.
I was just thinking about that but ya know he's like Beetlejuice say it to many times and poof

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was surprised I had never seen mention of Red Line motor oils, so I searched for it in 5w20 and wow, 11.00 a quart? What Karat is it?

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have used Mobil 1 for awhile and I’m convinced that it is great oil. I think amsoil may be better, but I’ve never used any.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts

Hahahahaha. :)

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I ran RL 1 time in the coyote when it had a tick and like most fresh oils it quieted it for a while. I went back to the OEM 5-20. Still have the occasional tick but that's the nature of some cars across a few makers.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both my daily drivers are boosted, beat on, and thrive on Mobil1.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Red line does meet Chrysler MS-6395 which covers the 5.7 Hemi, so it should be fine.

But $11 a quart is it worth it??

I use the Penzoil Ultra Platinum Full synthetic 5W20 $25 for 5 quart jug, or $5 per quart https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-Platinum-Synthetic-5-Quart-Single-Pack/dp/B01MA4UAP5?th=1
For some reason the 3 quart box costs more now?? so just order 2 singles (I get 3 at a time since I use the same oil in my Marauder, 13 quarts at a time, plus 2 to burn off in the Marauder, the Charger NEVER takes oil!!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I've been using Mobil1 for a long time and it suits me. I don't believe any oil out there quiets the engine. Use what you like. Wasn't there a well-known test done a few years back that basically said as long as you're doing oil changes at the recommended intervals for your vehicle and using what the vehicle calls for that pretty much any brand of oil will be perfectly fine?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been using Mobil1 for a long time and it suits me. I don't believe any oil out there quiets the engine. Use what you like. Wasn't there a well-known test done a few years back that basically said as long as you're doing oil changes at the recommended intervals for your vehicle and using what the vehicle calls for that pretty much any brand of oil will be perfectly fine?
I doubt that there could be any such generalization as synthetic is definitely vastly superior to conventional oil. I’ll bet synthetic oil actually staves off many problems from occurring.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I doubt that there could be any such generalization as synthetic is definitely vastly superior to conventional oil. I’ll bet synthetic oil actually staves off many problems from occurring.
I'm not debating conventional vs synthetic. I'm saying that as long as you use an oil that meets your cars requirements, pretty much any brand will do as long as you are changing it at the proper intervals.

I believe this is it.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I used super tech 5w-20 synthetic. Works just fine
Have you performed any Blackstone analysis using ST synthetic oil? Everything I read about this Warren Oil product sounds good. The low price probably scares a lot of potential buyers away.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not debating conventional vs synthetic. I'm saying that as long as you use an oil that meets your cars requirements, pretty much any brand will do as long as you are changing it at the proper intervals.

I believe this is it.
Yeah thanks for the link, but what I'm saying is that some of these engine problems that people are experiencing with the hemis, like destroying camshaft lobes, likely could be avoided altogether if synthetic was used to begin with. And that falls out of just the standard Manufacturer's specifications.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you performed any Blackstone analysis using ST synthetic oil? Everything I read about this Warren Oil product sounds good. The low price probably scares a lot of potential buyers away.
I have on my mobil 1 after 12-15k miles on a repeated basis. That's why synthetic is so superior to conventional. It allows longer change intervals while maintaining lubricity.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Yeah thanks for the link, but what I'm saying is that some of these engine problems that people are experiencing with the hemis, like destroying camshaft lobes, likely could be avoided altogether if synthetic was used to begin with. And that falls out of just the standard Manufacturer's specifications.
That's not true at all. There's no proof anywhere of that. There's several of here who have all used the required oil and still had issues. The 5.7 calls for conventional, the 6.4 fill synthetic. Check here and the RAM forums and you'll fall asleep reading the discussions on this. It's a design problem, not a type of oil problem.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts