Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low and haven't found any recent discussions around this. I was wondering if anyone has been able to replace the yellow LED map lights with white LED's. I am referring to the map light, not the dome light in the 2017+ MY.
The fact that these are LED yet made to look incandescent is absurd and there must be a way to rectify this. 馃榾
I understand that there is soldering involved, but I don't really see the big deal with that. I would think it's really just a matter of finding the correct bulb...?

Registered
I don鈥檛 think there鈥檚 a correct bulb. As long as it鈥檚 a 12v LED and soldered correctly you would be good.

Registered

Registered
They are dim like halogen and fade off like them but it鈥檚 led

Registered
I replaced all my interior bulbs, including map lights, and trunk bulbs with LED's from Diode Dynamics. I have had the LED's installed for over a year with no problems. Diode Dynamics is a vendor here and you can find them in the vendor section of the forum.

Registered
A9974C61-1D41-4AD1-8AC6-3735F6CA8D27.jpeg
You鈥檝e changed that light with a bulb from diode dynamics?

Registered
View attachment 297520
You鈥檝e changed that light with a bulb from diode dynamics?
Yes, that light. If your interested, there are YouTube videos out there on how to do the replacement. That is where I started my research. Search for "dodge charger map light replacement". And, BTW, they are very bright, gives a nice modern look inside my Charger when I open the door.

Registered
You鈥檙e changing the bigger section. That small one is soldered to the board. It鈥檚 not replaceable unless you solder a new LED in place. There鈥檚 the Map light(not replaceable) and the overhead light(replaceable).

Registered
22603AEA-C290-4DD3-B042-8B9CFAEC1AC7.jpeg
There is TWO separate lights here. The Red one is replaceable. The one in green is NOT because it鈥檚 soldered directly to the board.

Registered
Well, I have a 2015 RT and based on what you are telling me, you have a different light configuration than I do. There was only one bulb to change in my overhead console.

Registered
Some overhead consoles have the over head light and map light. I believe is with the garage opener ones only but could be wrong.

Registered
Yeah, It's....an eyesore, especially since both the map light and the overhead dome light come on when I open the doors and you can see the yellower, faux-halogen. :|

WHY Dodge, WHY?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts