Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
IMO it really doesn't fit the Chargers look but its your car. Also if this hood is being sold on Ebay by who I think is selling it, there was a thread on LX about the seller. Alot of negative opinions about them. Maybe you should research it more before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think this hood has been posted before. Fitment was a concern and I dont believe the vents closer to the winshield are functional. I like the thought though....something like the Banshee hood for the GTO where the vents allow hot air to flow out.

·
Registered
622 Posts
More Info

Yes, I would research it, and if the seller is reputable, letus know how the fit and finish is.

Also, whether you can open the louvered areas without compromising the hood's strength.

I would be very curious to see how this hood works out.

One thing that bothers me: If this hood is so cool, why doesn't the seller have even ONE picture of the hood painted in a completed install?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
RK sports sells this hood and so does EBAY. i bought one, i know, why did i do it. im pretty pissed off about the situation. i ordered it and it was supposed to take 3 weeks to have it. it took 68 days! the hood was supposed to be almost 100% perfect and ready to be preped for paint. instead when i got mine, one corner was cracked and hanging, all the primer was bubbled and the fiberglass was not smooth, many holes. even worse is the part of the hood that runs with the fender had about and 1/8 inch dip in it that needs to be re-glassed. it is now costing me another 400-500 for the hood to be ready for paint; then another 350-400 dollars for paint. IMO the hood looks good, cheaper price but it cost the same when you need to pay for body work. the vents are not fuctional. the worst part is that i haven't seen my car in over a week. the body shop needs it for dry fitting.

i can post the pictures of the hood before it was touched by the body shop later.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RK sports sells this hood and so does EBAY. i bought one, i know, why did i do it. im pretty pissed off about the situation. i ordered it and it was supposed to take 3 weeks to have it. it took 68 days! the hood was supposed to be almost 100% perfect and ready to be preped for paint. instead when i got mine, one corner was cracked and hanging, all the primer was bubbled and the fiberglass was not smooth, many holes. even worse is the part of the hood that runs with the fender had about and 1/8 inch dip in it that needs to be re-glassed. it is now costing me another 400-500 for the hood to be ready for paint; then another 350-400 dollars for paint. IMO the hood looks good, cheaper price but it cost the same when you need to pay for body work. the vents are not fuctional. the worst part is that i haven't seen my car in over a week. the body shop needs it for dry fitting.

i can post the pictures of the hood before it was touched by the body shop later.
Love to see them if I you get a chance. Posts like this one is why I love this site. Honestly, for a noob like me this site is like an online encyclopedia.
You guys just might of saved me a sh+t load of money. Money I can't afford to be throwing around.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
i really want to, i asked the seller if it would hurt the structure of the hood. he replied and said it will because when air is being rushed from the front of the hood , the air is going to find the easiest way out and then there would be to much pressure under the hood. the hood pushs up and then breaks apart. he said he had tested this and it started to warp at 120mph. im not driving that fast anytime soon so i might later down the road. the hood is fuctional with a 6x9 opening right over your CAI.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Love to see them if I you get a chance. Posts like this one is why I love this site. Honestly, for a noob like me this site is like an online encyclopedia.
You guys just might of saved me a sh+t load of money. Money I can't afford to be throwing around.

Thanks
no problem, what you typed here^^is the same reason i have joined. eveyone here is helpful and quick on responding. i have also saved money reading these forums except for this POS hood.

here are some pics.
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc144/mypics1234_2007/

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Thats why I am here too! I love the info, and the comraderrie that you can find. Sometimes there are a few negative bad apples, but that is overcome by all the other great folks on here. BTW 07 R/T where in Nevada are you?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Thats why I am here too! I love the info, and the comraderrie that you can find. Sometimes there are a few negative bad apples, but that is overcome by all the other great folks on here. BTW 07 R/T where in Nevada are you?
im in reno

·
Registered
260 Posts
very nice hood...I like it..

·
Registered
934 Posts
Can you be more specific about the seller you're talking about. I'm about the pull the trigger on a hood...possibly from ebay. Or at least give the link to the thread on lxforums. Thanks so much.

IMO it really doesn't fit the Chargers look but its your car. Also if this hood is being sold on Ebay by who I think is selling it, there was a thread on LX about the seller. Alot of negative opinions about them. Maybe you should research it more before pulling the trigger.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Can you be more specific about the seller you're talking about. I'm about the pull the trigger on a hood...possibly from ebay. Or at least give the link to the thread on lxforums. Thanks so much.
the hood is coming from canada. there are a few other places that also sell this hood. as i mentioned before RK sport did. they dont anymore, but there are others. if your looking at ebay and there is a hood that is 399.99 and i think 150.00 shipped from Canada, this is it. my paint shop said that the structure is one of the best they have ever seen. just the finished product needs alot of preping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts