Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might have a great deal on a pro dry system, part number 51-10712. It seems that everyone goes with the oiled system, 54-10712, but wanted some feedback if anyone else has gone with the cai i'm looking at.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ive used em before on other cars. Work jsut the same as the oiled ones. One of the advantages is that the dealer cant claim that your CAI got oil on any of your sensors.

gary

·
Registered
660 Posts
99% of aftermarket CAI manufacturers (including Mopar) go with the oiled type because they flow better and are reusable. The only way you can foul your IAT sensor is to use too much oil. The dry flows are good if you don't mind a little less CFM. I'm not sure if there's a way to clean them or you just have to replace them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Might have a great deal on a pro dry system, part number 51-10712. It seems that everyone goes with the oiled system, 54-10712, but wanted some feedback if anyone else has gone with the cai i'm looking at.
WHERE'S YOUR GREAT DEAL AT???? I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE FOR MONTHS ON THE DRY FLOW!!!!! LET ME KNOW PLEASE

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me see if i can dig it up on a bit..why would you choose a dry flow over an oiled one, out of curiousity. I'm wondering if there's that much difference in CFM to warrant one over the other.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I have been using the AEM Dryflow for about a year now. Easy to clean, and drys in less than an hour. I have always used K&N prior, but this seems to be a very good filter. It sure is LOUD.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I Like The Idea Of The Dry Flow Becuase It Will Flow Very Close To The Same, If Not Better Than The Standard Oiled Filter, But I Hate The Oil On The Regular Style

·
Registered
935 Posts
where did you order the dry filter from, I kinda like how the filter is just replaced and how much was it ty

·
Registered
660 Posts
I Like The Idea Of The Dry Flow Becuase It Will Flow Very Close To The Same, If Not Better Than The Standard Oiled Filter, But I Hate The Oil On The Regular Style
Dry systems don't flow as good as an oiled system. AFE will tell you that. That's why almost all CAI manufacturers go with them. Dry systems have their advantages but flow is not one of them.

·
Registered
935 Posts
wow that is still expensive even for just the filter I wonder if you can get the bigger filter for it, maybe i will save up for the afe2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts