Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or something similar that's a 20 Inch Snow Tire? I may be getting these soon for my SRT and would like to hear some feedback from forum members before I drop close to a grand on these. Appreciate any input.:beerchug:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i dont know of any brands i mess with that make snow tires for cars over 17 inches. If pirelli makes some they , to my knowledge, about the only brand that does. I need some but i really hate pirelli :sad:

edit:well they do make em. 255-45-20. cant pull up under car but it is listed under all ice and snow tires sizes. Think its time for our tire vendors to bust out a group buy.
bet they aint cheap. only time to get good winter tires at good prices is pre summer

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know of any brands i mess with that make snow tires for cars over 17 inches. If pirelli makes some they , to my knowledge, about the only brand that does. I need some but i really hate pirelli :sad:
bridgestone blizzak comes in a 20 inch now but the Pirelli's have better review on a site I am looking at and are a little cheaper

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
bridgestone blizzak comes in a 20 inch now but the Pirelli's have better review on a site I am looking at and are a little cheaper
i'd buy blizzaks or winterfires any day of the week over pirelli but nowadays its all about throwing pride and brand loyalty in the trash if i can save a dollar. We need to bump this thread to discount or tire rack or whoever we got now and see what deals are out there

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'd buy blizzaks or winterfires any day of the week over pirelli but nowadays its all about throwing pride and brand loyalty in the trash if i can save a dollar. We need to bump this thread to discount or tire rack or whoever we got now and see what deals are out there
good idea:beerchug:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
no pics
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 with Uni-T in 255-45-20 :grin: http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/GlamourIndex_BS_EN.aspx?productID=-154

http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/catal...van/SUV_SCICE_WIN.xml&vehicleType=CAR-SUV-VAN

the bad thing, i dont know bout pirelli/ i have way more experience with bridge/firestone, is dependant on where you live it can be hard to run a winter tire. Blizzaks are loud as hell and wear quick on dry pavement so somewhere like where i live where you can go a month with no snow then get a foot you almost have to pull them on and off or get just one winter out of them :sad:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no pics
Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 with Uni-T in 255-45-20 :grin: http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tireselector/GlamourIndex_BS_EN.aspx?productID=-154

http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/catal...van/SUV_SCICE_WIN.xml&vehicleType=CAR-SUV-VAN

the bad thing, i dont know bout pirelli/ i have way more experience with bridge/firestone, is dependant on where you live it can be hard to run a winter tire. Blizzaks are loud as hell and wear quick on dry pavement so somewhere like where i live where you can go a month with no snow then get a foot you almost have to pull them on and off or get just one winter out of them :sad:
it's like that where I live... on really bad days I can just drive my wife to work in her car and leave mine at home... i heard the pirelli's are all around better on dry, wet, and snow...

I've even thought of just getting some new all season tires and taking a chance since this isn't my only car I have to rely on... my RSA's are kinda worn from numerous burnouts:cowsmile:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
rsa's come worn brand new :lol:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
well i checked pirelli's today. at my dealer it shows 250 list price but there are only 1200 of them and they are all in massachutes ?????? :grin: i hope thats not true

i cant check bridgestone at my full time job but i'll check at my part time later tonight. Price aint cheap though i'm sure

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i checked pirelli's today. at my dealer it shows 250 list price but there are only 1200 of them and they are all in massachutes ?????? :grin: i hope thats not true

i cant check bridgestone at my full time job but i'll check at my part time later tonight. Price aint cheap though i'm sure
the place that I checked online for the Pirelli 20's were $235 each... the Blizzak's were $260 each...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I only saw 255/50R20 and 275/40R20 as the 20" options ... neither one would be recommended for an SRT8 ... the 255/50's too tall and the 275's too wide for snow/ice driving ... like skating much ? :lol:

Johnny Vav has been using the Pirellis for the last 2 winters I think, and he's been happy with them on his 300 SRT ....

Patrick, you'd know who Johnny is if you ever came to any GTG's .... :slap:

:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I only saw 255/50R20 and 275/40R20 as the 20" options ... neither one would be recommended for an SRT8 ... the 255/50's too tall and the 275's too wide for snow/ice driving ... like skating much ? :lol:

Johnny Vav has been using the Pirellis for the last 2 winters I think, and he's been happy with them on his 300 SRT ....

Patrick, you'd know who Johnny is if you ever came to any GTG's .... :slap:

:biggrinjester:
haha:biggrinjester: he uses them on his 20's ??:beerchug:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
ya on pirelli's site you cant put the car info in you have to go by size

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Or something similar that's a 20 Inch Snow Tire? I may be getting these soon for my SRT and would like to hear some feedback from forum members before I drop close to a grand on these. Appreciate any input.:beerchug:
Music to my ears! :alfdance:

Well - I might as well have a somewhat useful post :bigthumb:

What about these?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts