Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'm not even sure if these two mods are even talked about anymore, I haven't been on the forums all that much in the past few years.
I've had a tranzformer installed for the past 6 or 7 years and I love it for its line lock features. Hate it for the fact it can't hold gears in auto stick, it'll always upshift for you.
That's why I just purchased a MTCM so I have full control over what gear I'm in. I hate the auto upshift feature of a stock TCM.
Anyone ever run both? I dont want the auto upshift feature and I don't want to loose my line lock feature either.
I've heard lots of stories about bricking MTCM's and I want no part of that.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Only reason I remember anyone bricking those was by not doing the proper backup when tuning or improper install. I seem to remember people were running both, or the Tranzformer with a custom TCM. One particular case I seem to remember had the first two and blue tops lol. I'd say to be sure contact Z automotive and ask.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My old SRT8 I ran both. Plus blue tops(took them out cause of very harsh downshifts) Never had a problem. But I didn't have that car more then 3 years modded that way. Had to be careful with the shift firmness. Car would get sideways on hard acceleration. 1st & 2nd would just roast tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts