Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here read Mopar Muscle Mag? They have a picture of a recent big car show that the Charger concept showed up at...... and does anyone know what that means??? That concept is probably exactly what it will look like. Start scroungin for money to buy one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
CarFreak said:
Does anyone here read Mopar Muscle Mag? They have a picture of a recent big car show that the Charger concept showed up at...... and does anyone know what that means??? That concept is probably exactly what it will look like. Start scroungin for money to buy one.
The 1999 Charger R/T concept (see picture at the top of this page) has been at several major shows this year including the Mopar Nats. I guarantee that's the car they were talking about.

What that means in terms of the 2006 Charger we're going to see in January is the subject of much (and I do mean much) debate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll add that it makes little sense for DCX to keep trotting out a concept that everyone seems to love then pull a switch and build a pig like the C&D car instead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they aren't already building it then what is with the posts made by people that supposedly work in the Charger factory? Are those people just lieing? Also, how can it be in the race in February if it isn't on the market also? I thought that has always been a rule in the stock car races.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm just guessing, but I think there are two different cars. A four door sedan based off of Magnum, and an entirely new 2 door coupe named Charger to debut in 2006.

The new car Dodge approved for Nascar has no name, and no graphics have been decided upon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
CarFreak said:
If they aren't already building it then what is with the posts made by people that supposedly work in the Charger factory? Are those people just lieing?
Preproduction. Specifically, preproduction of a four-door sedan that some people have assumed is the 2006 Dodge Charger, perhaps accurately, perhaps wishfully, perhaps because a DCX disinformation campaign has encouraged them to make that assumption.

shelbyduster said:
I'm just guessing, but I think there are two different cars. A four door sedan based off of Magnum, and an entirely new 2 door coupe named Charger to debut in 2006.
Charger will debut at NAIAS in January 2005 as a 2006 model.

What "Charger" is, though, is once again open to debate. I am increasingly inclined to agree with your guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a load of crap to me. This rumor thing is starting to get a little out of hand I'd say. One site I found showed a dozen renderings of what the Charger is "supposed" to look like and while half say it will have a hemi the other half say it will be some piece of crap hybrid... Dodge's web site also says this but I am inclined to believe that is yet another load of crap. I have also heard that it will have a hemi stroked up to a 383 and yet I am told the 6.1 is equivalent to a 370. Some have said it will be a 4 door since the concept is and others say it will be a 2 door just cause they supposedly saw Top Secret photos. Considering it was in debuted in a very recent car show and shown in Mopar Muscle magazine as being the car at the top of the screen, I think it will be exactly that.

As far as this release date thing goes why would it be put in Nascar way ahead of release time like that? ....unless maybe they'll release it early with enough HEMI powered torque to lay a pair of stripes on the ground right off the lot.

What I really wanna know is how much are these babies gonna cost? And will Dodge do something to the engine and suspension to make her keep up with the 2005 Corvette Z06 with a new 0-60mph time of 4.1 seconds. Hot Rod Magazine says that the 2006 Z06 is rumored to be bumping up to the 500hp mark. If I get one of these new Chargers and get raped by a Corvette or some new Ford Mustang for that matter, I am going to be highly upset.... maybe I should just stick with my '72 Charger I am restoring, that way I don't have to worry about any of this.

·
Registered
94 Posts
CarFreak said:
Sounds like a load of crap to me. This rumor thing is starting to get a little out of hand I'd say. One site I found showed a dozen renderings of what the Charger is "supposed" to look like and while half say it will have a hemi the other half say it will be some piece of crap hybrid... Dodge's web site also says this but I am inclined to believe that is yet another load of crap. I have also heard that it will have a hemi stroked up to a 383 and yet I am told the 6.1 is equivalent to a 370. Some have said it will be a 4 door since the concept is and others say it will be a 2 door just cause they supposedly saw Top Secret photos. Considering it was in debuted in a very recent car show and shown in Mopar Muscle magazine as being the car at the top of the screen, I think it will be exactly that.

As far as this release date thing goes why would it be put in Nascar way ahead of release time like that? ....unless maybe they'll release it early with enough HEMI powered torque to lay a pair of stripes on the ground right off the lot.

What I really wanna know is how much are these babies gonna cost? And will Dodge do something to the engine and suspension to make her keep up with the 2005 Corvette Z06 with a new 0-60mph time of 4.1 seconds. Hot Rod Magazine says that the 2006 Z06 is rumored to be bumping up to the 500hp mark. If I get one of these new Chargers and get raped by a Corvette or some new Ford Mustang for that matter, I am going to be highly upset.... maybe I should just stick with my '72 Charger I am restoring, that way I don't have to worry about any of this.

The car at the top of the page was "debuted" in 1999.

When you ask for information, pay attention. Learning to separate information from baloney is a basic adult skill. Please work on it.

As for the Charger getting "raped" (how I wish the adolescents of the world would get over that word) by a 500 hp Vette, how many 425 hp four door sedans does Chevy have? How do you think that Vette guys will deal with a 600+ hp Viper?

·
Registered
153 Posts
georgejetson said:
How do you think that Vette guys will deal with a 600+ hp Viper?
They'll be whining as usual and noting how much more the Viper costs than their mass production, one on every corner 'vette. Isn't the 'vette just a Viper starter kit anyway? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts