Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting a SRT-8 engine in my Daytona as I have one available but wasn't sure what was needed. Anybody done it? What all is needed? Any help. Thanks

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I don`t think you want to do this - I think you want to put it in my 2000 Ram truck for me !!!

hehehehehehehehe

Scott

·
Registered
253 Posts
Why? If your going to spend the money, get a crate engine. By the way don't forget to do the fuel pump, throttle body, computer, rear end, drive shaft, tranny.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cam has done it on the LXForums. Might want to contact him.. :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
no real point doing this with a 392 avail that makes more hp and is cheaper.
Before I commit to heads and a cam etc, tell me more about the 392
cost? Hp? etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the 392 is a stroker kit that replaces the pistons, crankshaft, rods, etc. It brings the 5.7L (345) to a 6.4L (392). It costs around 3k + labor. Of course with this you probably want to open up the intake and exhaust as well since you'll have more demand. From what I've read this should bring it up to around 400+rwhp. If you go this route you might want to find a stronger limited slip if you plan on upgrading further on down the road and drive it hard. There is one made by Quaife that is designed for the spirited driver. It has other features that warrant getting it instead of it just being stronger, good idea would be to research it. That will set back about another 2k for a total of around 5k + labor. Which. in my opinion, would be better than putting in the srt 8.

FYI: For all you srt 8 owners, there is also a stroker kit to bring that 6.1L (370) up to a 6.9L (426) for the same price.

Reece

1 - 12 of 12 Posts