Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2013 R/T
2,839 Posts
krautmaster has posted examples of some sets he had done with satisfaction.

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,274 Posts
Are you trying to powder coat your factory 2021 5.7 Daytona wheels? They are the same as the Stock Scat Pack wheels right?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

If so they are awesome wheels and can hold a 275 width tire. The factory finish on the far is fine but the barrels suck ass. One day I want to get both sets of my wheels powered coated. I'm considering getting mine done this string, not the wheels in the top pic but the wheels in this bottom pic
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

These are Dynamic package wheels factory and same as my stock regular Scat Pack wheels the face is fine but the barrels are terrible. They didn't coat them enough and even when perfectly clean like in this pic, they look like crap.

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a TorRed 2023 Daytona on order. I'm so tired of the black wheel look. I'm going to peel off the hood and roof vinyl, and change the tail vinyl to silver. Paint the spoiler silver. Then I want to powder coat the wheels silver. And yes, the factory does a crappy job on coating the wheels.

· Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,274 Posts
I have a TorRed 2023 Daytona on order. I'm so tired of the black wheel look. I'm going to peel off the hood and roof vinyl, and change the tail vinyl to silver. Paint the spoiler silver. Then I want to powder coat the wheels silver. And yes, the factory does a crappy job on coating the wheels.
Geez if your going to do all that, why get a Daytona at all? I don't get it? I know your making it a personal vehicle and I do get that but your removing a lot of what the Daytona package comes with and your paying for. I think you should have got a Plus package instead.

· Registered
2020 Charger Scatpack
110 Posts
Are you trying to powder coat your factory 2021 5.7 Daytona wheels? They are the same as the Stock Scat Pack wheels right? View attachment 309590
If so they are awesome wheels and can hold a 275 width tire. The factory finish on the far is fine but the barrels suck ass. One day I want to get both sets of my wheels powered coated. I'm considering getting mine done this string, not the wheels in the top pic but the wheels in this bottom pic
View attachment 309591
These are Dynamic package wheels factory and same as my stock regular Scat Pack wheels the face is fine but the barrels are terrible. They didn't coat them enough and even when perfectly clean like in this pic, they look like crap.
Considering painting or powdercoating my scat pack oem stock wheels black at least until I can afford the wheels and tires I want what's the difference between powder coat or getting them painted? I assume powder coat is cheaper

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,671 Posts
Considering painting or powdercoating my scat pack 22 stock wheels black at least until I can afford the wheels and tires I want what's the difference between powder coat or getting them painted? I assume powder coat is cheaper
Powder coat isn't cheaper, just generally better lasting and easier to maintain.

· Registered
7,577 Posts
How expensive is it to repair curb rash on PC wheels?

· Premium Member
202 Posts
I went with a bronze color on my 2014 TorRed RT. Had them blasted and PC by a friend of mine.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2013 R/T
2,839 Posts
It's according to the shop you use. Shop. Search here on Krautmaster's post on powder coating his wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts