Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With colder temps lurking around the corner I was wondering who plans on using their car all year around. Mainly people who live in places that actually get winter (damn you Florida, Texas, and California :ninja:)

Also how well do you guys think the traction control will do with about 6-10 inches of snow?

Besides waxing anybody do any protective measures to get her ready for the bad weather? I mainly worry about the little chips you get in your front end when salt is on the pavment.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'm putting snow tires on mine (swapping my chrome rims for steel). I think the traction control will be fine, and I plan to wash it 2-3 times per week. Luckily, I have a heated garage to help melt the snow and ice off.

I suppose one could put a LaBra on the front, but I would be worried about snow & salt getting trapped between the cover and paint. Could be mighty corrosive.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would if I absolutely have to. But since I can telecommute, on those days that its snowing or bad weather, I just look outside, step into the kitchen fill the coffee cup, then walk upstairs to the office.

:whistle: Gee, a 5 minute commute. :whistle: :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spoonerock said:
I suppose one could put a LaBra on the front, but I would be worried about snow & salt getting trapped between the cover and paint. Could be mighty corrosive.
I thought about that but I really hate the way they look. I also heard they aren't good to leave on for a long time. This is one of those times I need to have my cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Yup I will drive it all year long even up to New York during the winter. You got to love southern people when there is a dusting of snow here in eastern NC they close everything down. But now that I think about it, I am here waiting for Hurricane Ophelia to hit I bet if it were to hit NY they would close everything down.

Yes I would drive it anytime.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I going to ride my Charger all year round. I've always driven any car I've had in the winter and as long as you have the car washed regularly (by someone else of course!!) you shouldnt have any problems. But by all means NO CHROME IN THE SNOW.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I'll be driving around NYC year round. Looking forward to it.
and ANTMAG - We don't shut down NYC for nuthin! :happy:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Hemiready said:
We don't shut down NYC for nuthin! :happy:
I grew up in New York and parts do shut down but you have to have at least 3 feet of snow. I remember the blizzard in 88 we got about 12 feet of snow and I know the City was shut down for about 2 days. There was no were to bring the snow out. They were pouring it into the river. What I was saying is, Because I grew up in New York it is funny how down here in NC if there is a threat of snow everything closes and if there is a dusting (you know the snow that does not stick just blows around) they stay closed all day.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not driving my Daytona in the winter...looking for my winter beater right now!!!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I figured you were from up this way. I remember that blizzard and some really bad ones in about 1996 where I had to push my way through several feet of snow for work - and to keep a first date with a new girlfriend. I think I took the subway that time because there was absolutely nowhere to park - snow was piled up about 10 feet high after a few blizzards on top of one another.

That being said - I like driving in the snow if there aren't too amny people out to slow me down! I'm not sure how well I'm going to do with the Charger but I will find out this winter. Its been a long time since I drove a rear wheel drive car. I got it sideways yesterday and it brought back alot of memories.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man - you guys have no idea....the winters are horrible down here.... i have to actually wear a long sleeve shirt during feb and march. so in my book i am not sure if i am going to drive my car around during the winter either......

ok reality struck - i can't wait for winter....cooler air 60s and 70s = me tearing up the road!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
You poor guy. I gotta park my bike sometimes - very depressing.

Hey GoDaddy:
You will appreciate this. Yesterday I put the baby car seats in the R/T for the first time and took the kids out. I could not get them cinched down the way I would have liked but it seemed ok.

I hit a turn and I look back. One of my one year old twins is now doing a Buzz Aldrin. She's still strapped into the ****pit (the seat is still hooked into the LATCH system) but the car seat and her are sideways. She's holding onto the harness. Big smile. Msut have been a nice ride. The other kid is looking at me like, "Hey, I want to do that".

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Funny. I used the word c--k pit. got edited!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man i am laughing so damn hard, lmfao doesn't do it justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my daughter would have been yelling "Again daddy, again!!!!"

that is one for the books!!!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I knew you would like it!
I can't wait for these kids to get old enough to apprecaite a good burnout.

My wife and I travelled a lot by motorcycle but the kids have temporarily halted that. I got out of high horsepower cars because the bikes satisfied that need.
Recently, I realized what was missing. Took me about 1 minute in the hemi to decide to buy. I

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My Charger will be a daily driver, sun, rain or snow. Fortunatly we don't get much snow in the Annapolis, MD area. It would be nice to have a beater for the winter but I'm running out of parking at my house. Sad to say the Charger won't see the inside of my garage too much either. My Cadi Convertable and my Grand Prix race car take priority on the indoor space

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Hemiready said:
I knew you would like it!
I can't wait for these kids to get old enough to apprecaite a good burnout.

My wife and I travelled a lot by motorcycle but the kids have temporarily halted that. I got out of high horsepower cars because the bikes satisfied that need.
Recently, I realized what was missing. Took me about 1 minute in the hemi to decide to buy. I
my daughter is 2 and some change and my son is 12 so they love it when daddy gets on it squeals the car....my daughter is hilarious....she grabbed my socket wrench the other day and went to the door, looked at my wife and said, "go work on cars"....my wife yelled for me and i watched her doing it...i was almost on my knees i was laughing so hard. can you be a gearhead at 2?!

·
Registered
604 Posts
GoDaddy said:
my daughter is 2 and some change and my son is 12 so they love it when daddy gets on it squeals the car....my daughter is hilarious....she grabbed my socket wrench the other day and went to the door, looked at my wife and said, "go work on cars"....my wife yelled for me and i watched her doing it...i was almost on my knees i was laughing so hard. can you be a gearhead at 2?!
have you posted pictures of your kids yet?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts