Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since its not metal and it is abs plastic i think powdercoating is out.

anyone ever paint the 5.7 intake manifold?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet thanks Randy!

any special procedures or precautions when removing and installing the intake?

hows the paint holding up to the heat of the engine?

and lastly.
i assume those are the 6.1 head covers with the 6.1 shaved off correct? any mounting issues or just a direct bolt on item?

YOU ARE THE MOD GOD!!!!!!

oh when does the oil thing come out on TV?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It's pretty straight forward. Paint is holding up just fine, no special high temp paint -- Just DupliColor Acrylic Lacquer Flat Black paint and clear coat, in rattle cans. It took me around 7+ hours to sand down by hand.. don't expect to use any power tools, there's simply no room to get in here. Your finger is your best bet..

Correct, those are the stock 6.1L beauty covers with 6.1L shaved off. Be sure to fill in underneath with a special bumper epoxy before shaving it off. Mounting requires some clips..

The Valvoline Oil TV Commercial that Sweet Mango starred in has been airing for a few months now I think. I see it often and I often get people on the forums/in person telling me they saw it. Airing on Discovery, TLC, Spike, ESPN, Speed, et cetera.

Glad I was able to help,

-R

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's pretty straight forward. Paint is holding up just fine, no special high temp paint -- Just DupliColor Acrylic Lacquer Flat Black paint and clear coat, in rattle cans. It took me around 7+ hours to sand down by hand.. don't expect to use any power tools, there's simply no room to get in here. Your finger is your best bet..

Correct, those are the stock 6.1L beauty covers with 6.1L shaved off. Be sure to fill in underneath with a special bumper epoxy before shaving it off. Mounting requires some clips..

The Valvoline Oil TV Commercial that Sweet Mango starred in has been airing for a few months now I think. I see it often and I often get people on the forums/in person telling me they saw it. Airing on Discovery, TLC, Spike, ESPN, Speed, et cetera.

Glad I was able to help,

-R
i have been looking for it but only commercial i have been seeing is that castrol gtx with the black and orange chargers on dynos in the parking lot. etc..

the beauty covers look good if i go to painting my intake i might as well do that as well right?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Hey Randy, the stock 5.7 manifold had a line running across the top from the intake side to the back of the car, kind of a bent hard line. What is it and how did you get rid of it? Does it have anything to do with the fuel rail replacement from 5.7 to 6.1?

Jerry

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Next question: When is Randy going to start shaving the intake manifolds as a side job?

Or does anyone know how much a spare would be? :nervous s

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hey Randy, the stock 5.7 manifold had a line running across the top from the intake side to the back of the car, kind of a bent hard line. What is it and how did you get rid of it? Does it have anything to do with the fuel rail replacement from 5.7 to 6.1?

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x208/plesilva/unidentifiedhose.jpg[IMG]

Jerry[/QUOTE]
You can see it in the first pic under "Older Pics" that he took it and bent it around to the passenger side and re-routed it underneath the Engine 1/2 covers.

Oh, and I have no idea what that line is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts