Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Use the search feature and you will find a boat load of people have.

·
Registered
686 Posts
got one on mine , question away .

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
me too! i had to jump on the great deal i found. $800 and already colormatched!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is the area where the bezel fits notched for the tabs on the bezel?

Does anyone have pictures before the bezel install?
ok not sure what your asking but there are only two pieces on the hood , the duct that snaps in on the front of the hood or the duct that slips in from the underside. Are you looking for pics without the the top duct ?? If you are it looks unfinished if you leave it like this , you can see the black plastic piece that comes in from the underside.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok not sure what your asking but there are only two pieces on the hood , the duct that snaps in on the front of the hood or the duct that slips in from the underside. Are you looking for pics without the the top duct ?? If you are it looks unfinished if you leave it like this , you can see the black plastic piece that comes in from the underside.
Yes, I'm looking for pictures without the top duct (bezel) installed. Or information about the area being notched where the bezel installs.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hmm, no pics, but I do remember the little hood grill thingy(bezel) just snaps in from the front

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, no pics, but I do remember the little hood grill thingy(bezel) just snaps in from the front
Well, I'm putting the bezel into a CBD hood and believe me, it just doesn't snap in on these hoods. Just wondering what mod I have to make to the CBD hood, so it does "just snap in"? I have had some input on mods to make it work, but I thought if I saw how the factory hood looked that might help.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
theres probably a thousand plus people on here that have done it and did it themselves. Hell its just a hood not a science project, most everyone installed themselves. I think your thread title is what is not giving you reply's. YOu cant tell from your thread title that you need help, with a hood, installation , or bezel.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
theres probably a thousand plus people on here that have done it and did it themselves. Hell its just a hood not a science project, most everyone installed themselves. I think your thread title is what is not giving you reply's. YOu cant tell from your thread title that you need help, with a hood, installation , or bezel.
I actually tried getting help on a bezel install, but that was for the factory SRT8 bezel into a CBD hood. Most people just cut off the tabs for the CBD hood install, but I had a different idea. That's why I need to see what a factory SRT8 hood looks like in the area of the bezel without the bezel.

Thanks all.......

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I did mine myself. Getting it on is easy, just making sure its aligned properly is the "hard" part. Mine came with the scoop bezel in it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What I'm looking for is a picture or description of the area on a SRT8 factory hood where the hood bezel installs, without the bezel installed. Are there slots or cut-outs for the plastic tabs on the bezel to slide into?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would guess most of us didn't take that detailed of images during install, I found a few, hope they help in your quest.

And here's the final look, all painted.

Funny thing looking at these, you can see how the painter and I were discussing the look I was going for.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would guess most of us didn't take that detailed of images during install, I found a few, hope they help in your quest.

And here's the final look, all painted.

Funny thing looking at these, you can see how the painter and I were discussing the look I was going for.
Your hood looks great!!!

That's exactly what I was looking for, a little cut here, cut there and the bezel looks like it will fit right in.

Thank you so much.....
Scott

1 - 20 of 20 Posts