Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to town - just moved from California (can ya blame me?).. :)

I'm in the SouthWest Austin area.. Hwy 290 neighborhood. I haven't seen another SRT8 since I got here but I've seen quite a few chargers and a Top Banana somewhere off Hwy 35..

Kevin

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I'm new to town - just moved from California (can ya blame me?).. :)

I'm in the SouthWest Austin area.. Hwy 290 neighborhood. I haven't seen another SRT8 since I got here but I've seen quite a few chargers and a Top Banana somewhere off Hwy 35..

Kevin
Howdy, there is a small group of regulars here in Austin that get together from time to time. Also, there is a Starbucks parking lot on the Southwest corner of IH-35 and Hwy 620 that car clubs meet every Saturday (6PM). Lots of ricers and stangs there, but it is nice to have the SRT's drive thru once in awhile to check on our territory. Give us a PM when you get situated. See ya.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
hey! im from Austin as well and close to your area! but only for holidays and summer unfortunantely (school)

but when I'm in town we have fun :), there is a M&G coming up in November that you should come to!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What, does everyone here have a SuperBee?!? :D I have a plain old boring Silver SRT8 I guess.. =(

=D

Yeah, I'm loving this place so far. The lush scenery and rolling hills are really what I dig most.. Downtown is really cool, esp. 6th st. And I love how the sprawling has begun, rather than forcing a large dense mass in the middle. It gives a lot of character to each little area/suburb..

I'll have to come out to a meet soon for sure!

Kevin

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
What, does everyone here have a SuperBee?!? :D I have a plain old boring Silver SRT8 I guess.. =(

=D

Yeah, I'm loving this place so far. The lush scenery and rolling hills are really what I dig most.. Downtown is really cool, esp. 6th st. And I love how the sprawling has begun, rather than forcing a large dense mass in the middle. It gives a lot of character to each little area/suburb..

I'll have to come out to a meet soon for sure!

Kevin
I'm not in austin, about an hr south, but I have an inferno srt so don't feel bad :grin:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
North Austin here. We have a M&G planned next month with more info posted in the sticky.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
woo sticky power! :) hah ya just go check it out and come on out!
lol I think you're drunk with power blair!:nervous s *runs and hides from the ban stick*

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
:lol: hey man, you know i aint that mean!
lol oh yeah, forgot I wasn't talking to umbra for a sec. :dead: :grin: :lol: lol jk

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
lol oh yeah, forgot I wasn't talking to umbra for a sec. :dead: :grin: :lol: lol jk
:lol::lol::lol: ya you gotta watch out for him! hes a great guy though

Lots of chargers around the Austin area these days. We seem to have an above adverage number of Daytona's SRT's, and Bee's around here as well. Welcome to Austin, you're going to love it here.
Ya there do seem to be a lot, at least if my memory serves me right, i know there at least 4 bees in austin and the immediately surrounding area

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Are you guys talking about a14umbra? He lives around here?

I'll definitely come out to the M&G, I'll check the sticky now and put it in my calendar..
yeah we were talking about him, but he doesn't live around here. I was just making a joke about how the MODS can ban us regular ppl for no reason lol. Can't wait to meet you bro!! Should be a blast!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah we were talking about him, but he doesn't live around here. I was just making a joke about how the MODS can ban us regular ppl for no reason lol. Can't wait to meet you bro!! Should be a blast!
Yeah dude, it will be cool. I need to take a trip down to San Antonio also sometime soon, and also stop in and check out Canyon Lake. I'm on the south side of Austin at least, so it's quite convenient.

Ya there do seem to be a lot, at least if my memory serves me right, i know there at least 4 bees in austin and the immediately surrounding area
Cool, I like it when you can count the SRT8s on your hands.. :D
I remember when the Bay Area was like that, when the SRT8s were first out in '06, but now it's crazy - seeing Plums and Black ones ALL OVER.. Although in my 'burb, Morgan Hill, when I left there were only 5 CSRT8s in town, 1 MSRT8, and a 300SRT8.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Yeah dude, it will be cool. I need to take a trip down to San Antonio also sometime soon, and also stop in and check out Canyon Lake. I'm on the south side of Austin at least, so it's quite convenient.

Cool, I like it when you can count the SRT8s on your hands.. :D
I remember when the Bay Area was like that, when the SRT8s were first out in '06, but now it's crazy - seeing Plums and Black ones ALL OVER.. Although in my 'burb, Morgan Hill, when I left there were only 5 CSRT8s in town, 1 MSRT8, and a 300SRT8.
O there are a lot more SRT8's running around than just that
I was just thinking of the superbee's that I know of! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
BUMP.. Get it started again

Im in Hutto. 3 weeks into my 06 SRT8. Havent seen but 1 other one around my neck of the woods. Whos out there?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Darkhorse, good to connect. Yea, I see alot of chromed out Chargers. Never noticed them before I got into mine. Wasnt looking at Chargers when I went shopping, for a car. Drove the Camaro and Challenger, was going to get one of those.... but then I drove this beast, history..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.