Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06' Charger R/T (@ 10,000 miles) shut off while driving after all the lights on the dashboard came on and started flashing. The vehicle would not start back up and has happened 5 times. The check engine light and airbag light usually stayes on. On several occasions I've started the car and it would ideal rough and will not accelerate.

It has been towed to the dealer twice and has been in 4 times. The first two times they reset the computer telling me they don't know it thats the problem. The third time they said they had found some loose connecter for the airbag and tightened it. Later they replaced the connector. Last night the dash lights flashed again!!!!

Better Business Bureau contacted the dealer who told them they had fixed the problem!!! I'm currently attempting to contact the dealer Managers who of course are out of town!!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Happened To Me And When I Took It To The Dealer They Said They Found A Broken Cone In My Transmission Filter. Happened 7 Months Ago And Havn't Had The Problem Again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, at least I know I'm not the only one!!!!

Just to update the car is now sitting in the garage not starting!!! With the Dodge dealer service dept telling me they've done all they can and they dont know what to do now!!

·
Registered
629 Posts

Just to update the car is now sitting in the garage not starting!!! With the Dodge dealer service dept telling me they've done all they can and they dont know what to do now!!
They can start by coming to get it and giving you a loaner!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

obviously they haven't done all they can. did they reflash the computer? or replace it? I thought someone on here with exact same problem had the computer replaced and that fixed it.

Good luck with this one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
They can start by coming to get it and giving you a loaner!
Amen to that! It's not like you're whining about a tire noise or something, your brand new car won't frickin start. Them doing all they can is not acceptable when the car still isn't fixed. It means it's warranty work that they can't bill Chrysler for because they should have fixed it the first time...and didn't.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
what the crap! is it still not starting?? give us another update! is the battery dead or what happens when u put the key in and turn it? that is sooo weird. hope you find the problem and resolve it easily

·
Registered
428 Posts
This happed to my wife. The car didn't stop running, but all the dash lights came on then went back out. Only once so far.

As they say, once is a mistake, twice is a trend and three times is a habit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the update...woke up this morning to see if the car would start and it did. So I called the dealer to tell them about it and they said bring it down, pulled out of my driveway and the car wouldn't accelerate, luckily the dealer is litteraly around the corner and down a hill so I pretty much rolled my way down there. They're looking at it now.

As far as lemon law goes I have the papers but I had signed a Mediation and Arbitration Agreement when I bought the car which states I will use a Dispute Prevention Resolution company to handly any mediation...so I called the company today and they told me that its a lemon law situation so now I have to send in the certified letter wait 10 days, then apparently another 30-45 days for the company to do something!!!!!

Meanwhile I'll be rolling around in a car that doesnt always accelerate or even start!!! Lets hope theres no collisions as a result of that!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up the car today...was told I will need to bring it back later for an "in depth diagnostic"...why this wasn't dosn't earlier is beyond me!! May have something to do with Daimler Chrylser Calling the dealership today after I called about the lemon law!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
after all this, i'd demand a loaner until my car is fixed totally, or they owe me a new car - lemon law.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts