1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
473 Posts
Aftermarket ANYTHING rarely fits perfectly without a bit of work. Reason is, they take a general mold of the car (or part) to make their parts. During the process, whether it be a fiberglass add on such as bumpers or fenders, or whether it be a plastic piece such as a lighting housings, heat distorts the mold. Being that the gaps are rarely anything major, it's something any body shop worth their weight in 3m tape could fix. If you have body work experience, it's usually an easy fix, requiring adjustment at attatch points or, sometimes, cutting of pieces. It usually isn't hard. However, it's not something that the average Joe Schmoe can or will do.

My suggestion is, find a good body shop (any tuner shop can give you a hand) and see what they can do for you. You might just have to adjust a screw or an attachment point.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but I guess its true what they say: you get what you pay for. Taillights for 87 bucks plus shipping sound too good to be true, so I wouldnt expect the best fit and finish out of them either. Sorry to hear about your problems though. Ive been in your shoes before as well. I ordered a set of taillights for my old monte carlo (that werent quite as inexpensive as these, but werent top dollar either) and had similar fitment problems. My advice: see if you can send em back and get a full refund because the headaches of trying to make them fit arent worth the fight. If you cant send em back, then do what you can to make em work and if you have success, be sure to post how you did it! Best of luck to you...

-Pat

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It's not that hard to do. Just remove the posts from your stock tails and attach them to the new tails. Should fit great then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.