Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '08 with a 3.5L and a 4 speed (Hate the 4spd!), anyway I was getting the rumble strip effect sometimes when it would lock up in 4th. Dealer reflashed TCM and it went away for awhile. Week later, it came back. They replaced the torque converter and put the car into torque converter break in mode (never heard of such). Now it shutters EVERYTIME it locks up! Dealer says it requires 6 hrs of lockup driving until it breaks in and stops shuttering. Anyone experienced this? Im very frustrated and cant even drive the car normally!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, talked to transmission guy at Dodge. He reassured me he'd take care of the problem. But the new converter had to have 6 hrs under its belt before he could do anything about it (per chrysler). I feel alot better about the situation!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Ford van did that. I added a bottle of Ford friction modifier to the fluid and it fixed it right up. I don't know if it will work with a Dodge but keep it in mind.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drove 8 hrs today to break he converter in. It still shudders about 25% of the time....ugh!! Back to the dealer she goes i guess :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts