Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an odd one. For the last few months I have noticed the gas pedal seems a bit soft, like the spring was giving out. Today, I move into the fast lane and step on it to get by a 50mph jack hole, and the whole thing breaks off! The pedal, sending unit, wires and about 3 inches of plastic above are lying on the floor!! Took a few minutes in the break-down lane ( with my a$$ hanging out in the highway breeze ) to figure out just how to place it so I could still activate it with my foot - and head for the dealer. I am there now. They are telling me overnight. What a PITA!!:dead:
Brad

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Great...another problem. I hope this one isn't common.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
that sucks, sorry to hear brad. the only thing i noticed about my gas pedal is the motor isnt a 6.1 when i press down on it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow Brad, you must have a SERRIOUS LEAD FOOT!!!!!!

·
Banned
87 Posts
At the SRT Track Experience I attended, one of the instructors had a gas peddle assemply in his hand showing us its construction and reminding us that its "drive by wire" and not linkage. We were told the car would go no faster if we pressed the pedal harder or all the way to the bottom and that it "would break" if we pressed too hard.

I find by using the EVIC that it reads 100% throttle pressure even before the peddle is fully to the floor. I am not saying the peddle should break but only that if other owners don't want it too, don't press so hard. It serves no purpose.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
they can feed you any line of bs about throttle control before fully pressed and response, but if mechanically something that should never break in a car is faulty and "can" break, it should be looked at and addressed. If they said the same thing about the brake pedal would that make you feel safe.

Drive by wire or not, i should be able to slam that sh!t to the ground all day long with no problems.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Someone at the SRT experience I was at a couple of years ago broke a pedal off during the drag racing session. We all learned then that it was not a good idea to try to put your foot through the firewall on these cars.

However, I hoped they addressed this by now.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
they can feed you any line of bs about throttle control before fully pressed and response, but if mechanically something that should never break in a car is faulty and "can" break, it should be looked at and addressed. If they said the same thing about the brake pedal would that make you feel safe.

Drive by wire or not, i should be able to slam that sh!t to the ground all day long with no problems.

I would agree with you that it should break. However, the pedal meeting the metal may result in plastic chips all over the firewall.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Wow, this is a new one to me, I'll definitely keep an eye on that one. Have they changed the bracket to metal on the 07s??

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
My pedal was making a funny squeeky (spring) noise, I told the service dept. about it last time i went to the dealership and they took care of it :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts