·
Registered
8,977 Posts
I have the other style, but here ya go:

Hope that helps. ;)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I agree, the autometer pod doesnt affect your line of sight as much.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some nice gauges flybyu, wher'd you get them from?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have the same ones. Like it better in terms of sightline

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I agree, the autometer pod doesnt affect your line of sight as much.

sooooo damn nice! I wish I had some gauges now :( no turbo or SC for me though lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the 3 guage pod. It works fine for me, but also blocks sightline quite a bit. Cool thing was it came in the color of my interior, so no painting required.

Only complaint is the left flap of my sun visor covers the top guage when I pull it down. I have AeroForce Interceptor II Scan Guages in the top 2 slots, and a Nordskog wideband A/F guage in the bottom slot. The AeroForce scan guages get all their info from the OBDII port, and each is configurable to show any 2 values (you can change them to show whatever 2 you want, whenever you want). Very flexible.

I just use the top guage to show my intake temp and ambient air temp, so I can see how much the air entering my intake is being heated up by my intake tube drawing heat from the engine compartment. No problem if that is being temporarily covered up by the sun visor being down over the top guage.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the 3 gauge pod that is the same color as my interior. Guess its the same as lymzilla has. I need an AFR gauge, not sure about the other 2, but I guess ful pressure would be a good thing to keep my eye on.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the 3 gauge pod that is the same color as my interior. Guess its the same as lymzilla has. I need an AFR gauge, not sure about the other 2, but I guess ful pressure would be a good thing to keep my eye on.
trans temp is a big one to watch.

or you could go with a gauge like the Aeroforce Interceptor that plugs into your OBDII port and you can watch hundreds of read outs (well, you can pick any two to watch at a time.

You can have readouts such as IAT, Knock Retard, Timing, and just about anything you log with the diablosport.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got a two gage piler and I don't know wat to put in the second hole LOL I have a A/F gauge in the top hole.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
trans temp is a big one to watch.

or you could go with a gauge like the Aeroforce Interceptor that plugs into your OBDII port and you can watch hundreds of read outs (well, you can pick any two to watch at a time.

You can have readouts such as IAT, Knock Retard, Timing, and just about anything you log with the diablosport.
Yeah I already planned to get an interceptor type that hooks into my OBDII jack. I have a dash hawk so I guess that's gonna go on ebay when I do get the gauges.

Can the interceptor monitor trans temp? My assumption was the 2 most important would be AFR and fuel pressure. Does the interceptor give me the fuel pressure? My RT is the bare model, nothing, no Evic, no nav... so I dont know if the car can tell me that particular piece of info.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
it can display anything the EVIC would display,
however, i think trans temp is a TCM operation, so im not 100% sure if OBDII gauges can scan it.
not sure about fuel pressure either to be honest, i think you need to tap it.

you can buy a fuel pressure sensor and hook it up to the interceptor (it has 2 analog ports) and it will read that out, tho. same goes for trans temp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts