Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be my first race/show with my charger so I wanted some info on the show and race part of it, etc

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hmm, ususally posted by now on MIRs website. Get there early, and dont plan to run much after the first hour or two. Can get pretty crazy once they start running classes.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never been before, do they basically do alot of runs to see who qualifies for brackets or are they just warm ups and basically everyone qualifies??

I also need info on classes to see what I would sit if I did makea bracket, I dont know how that stuff works

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting ok so if im reading this right, n2o or no n2o I would be in the street ET class? I thought since I had n2o I would be in a diff class than someone without or with a supercharger, v6, etc

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It's done by your 1/4 time 13.0 and slower and then 12.99 and quicker!!!

If I were you, bring your car to the test and tune on Oct 16, it's 30 bucks to race so you can get some runs in and know what it's like to run your car at MIR!!

check there site for times/how much etc.... www.mirdrag.com

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's done by your 1/4 time 13.0 and slower and then 12.99 and quicker!!!

If I were you, bring your car to the test and tune on Oct 16, it's 30 bucks to race so you can get some runs in and know what it's like to run your car at MIR!!

check there site for times/how much etc.... www.mirdrag.com
are the test and tunes packed? How do they work you just roll up and hot lap and pay 30 bucks and just go all night?

·
Registered
261 Posts
well i know at the track here in delmar.. you get to run when ever your class is called . then . never been to buds so i dont know how they run. mike is the track man for that place.. but, neway, i may be there as well.. i see that your in tysons .. im in lower delaware , if your deff goin wanna rally up togeather?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
are the test and tunes packed? How do they work you just roll up and hot lap and pay 30 bucks and just go all night?
Okay I just looked at the site and the test & tune dates are 10/17 & 10/18
and for the times that Sat gates open at 2pm and close at 10pm, for sunday the gates open at 10am and close at 6pm.

the way it works at a test & tune, if you get there when the gates open you can hot lap, (can easly get 10 passes in), and when open session is closed they will call us up by Class (11.99 & slower) and so on! most of the time we can get about 10-15 passes in all depends on how the weather looks if its real nice you may only get 5passes in due to it being packed. we just never know until we get there.

We will be there on the 18(Sunday)!! and maybe that Sat all depends if the wife will let me go both days......................lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I just looked at the site and the test & tune dates are 10/17 & 10/18
and for the times that Sat gates open at 2pm and close at 10pm, for sunday the gates open at 10am and close at 6pm.

the way it works at a test & tune, if you get there when the gates open you can hot lap, (can easly get 10 passes in), and when open session is closed they will call us up by Class (11.99 & slower) and so on! most of the time we can get about 10-15 passes in all depends on how the weather looks if its real nice you may only get 5passes in due to it being packed. we just never know until we get there.

We will be there on the 18(Sunday)!! and maybe that Sat all depends if the wife will let me go both days......................lol

hmm ok I guess Ill try and meet up with you guys then so you can show me whats up. You guys tryin to get there right at 10?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hmm ok I guess Ill try and meet up with you guys then so you can show me whats up. You guys tryin to get there right at 10?
We'll be there at 9:30, just so we can put the drag radials on etc... you can't miss my car has mopar on the tag!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
yep, get there early, best air then:)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We'll be there at 9:30, just so we can put the drag radials on etc... you can't miss my car has mopar on the tag!
ok lets plan on that so you can show me whats up. So basically we can try different things and I can run n2o and NA and all that stuff to see what works best? Do I need anything like a helmet?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
ok lets plan on that so you can show me whats up. So basically we can try different things and I can run n2o and NA and all that stuff to see what works best? Do I need anything like a helmet?
You need a hemet if your car is 13.99 or faster, and yes the track rents them for 15bucks.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tight. post up when it gets closer and we can arrange to meet up there

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey Mike, can't I just borrow Tony V's leather tard helmet for free? On second thought, it might be a little big!
lmao!:bowdown:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Mike, can't I just borrow Tony V's leather tard helmet for free? On second thought, it might be a little big!

holy **** , i havent seen on post in a while .. how you been

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we still goin on Sunday?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts