Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Charger, I don't remember the exact color name but it's a very dark blue. I'm thinking of sprucing up the outside with some graphics, leaning towards the front fender "recharge double" bar but I can't figure out what color would look good. I think anything dark like black would get lost, but not sure I want to go with anything too bold, either. I was thinking white, but everything else on the car is dark and it might stand out too much.

Anyway, I tried finding some images of my color with any sort of graphics and didn't have much luck. Wondering if anyone has one with some pictures they can share.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
86 Posts
Just my opinion, but what about a medium gray? Might show up enough but not look too bold.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a cool VIN tool - the color is Jazz Blue Pearl Coat. Thank you.

I've always been a fan of the small stripes down the length of the car (like at 2:30 in that video) but I have zero confidence in being able to put it on straight. I'm worried enough about the small fender ones.

·
Registered
2020 Charger R/T Frostbite
85 Posts
That's a cool VIN tool - the color is Jazz Blue Pearl Coat. Thank you.

I've always been a fan of the small stripes down the length of the car (like at 2:30 in that video) but I have zero confidence in being able to put it on straight. I'm worried enough about the small fender ones.
You’re welcome. I found it on another forum when I was trying to figure out the exact color and name of my wheels.

I’ve been researching racing stripes lately (that’s where I came across that video) and I feel the same way about doing it myself. I’ve been meaning to start a discussion asking those who’ve done it about the cost and where they had it done.

Those small stripes are cool. Apparently, from what I’ve read, those were originally put on rally cars to quickly identify which side of the vehicle the driver was on in the event of a crash.

Let us know what you decide. Also, do you have any pictures of your car? I’m interested to see that color.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The last of my upgrade parts arrived yesterday, so I'm going to snap some "before" pictures later today - once I do, I'll post them. Going to lower it a little with some coilovers, then doing a CAI, cat-back and tune. Also some maintenance items (trans filter, new brakes). I ordered the medium gray stripes yesterday, not sure when they'll arrive.

I had a 2014 Taurus SHO and I put decals on the hood of that one, with the help of my brother. It wasn't hard, but I'm pretty particular about doing things right and wanted to make sure that everything lined up.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
@FLEX - Hey, can you post up some pictures of yours? 😎
Jazz Blue with Carbon Fiber stripes- Very Sharp! (y)

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack Charger, Plus Group, Nav. And Travel Package. Traded from 2016 Camaro 2SS.
41 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures. The car is a bit dirty, hard to keep it clean on a dirt road/gravel driveway.
I had a '13 Charger R/T JUST like yours -- it's Jazz Blue, right? (Except different wheels, and no stripes.) Looks good to me, with or without stripes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welp. Graphics installed. I ordered medium gray, but apparently to 3M that means "almost white." It looks good, but is brighter than I wanted. I'll most likely leave them (at least for now) as I'm too lazy to take them off and spend the $75 to get a darker color.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts