Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
have a black r/t for almost 2 months now, didnt have pleasure of racing until last friday when an M3 went pass by, after that for 10 more minutes we were crossing each other and then it was my exit, we were doing more than 110 on the freeway. we both were having fun nothing too nasty
also got a thumbs up at the end from the M3. :happy:

then i thought whats the big deal of paying 20K extra to get a M3 where you can have a charger for way less than that and still have the same power and abilities (excluding few like from 0-60 but it has almost 800lbs less i think) but i got other better options of seating 4+ in it and different look.
anyhow would be glad to hear other people experiences about this.
by the way i got a chance to smoke a G35 coupe 3 times from signal to signal he was so damn pissed :mad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
No offense, but I do not want you on the freeway when I have my wife and kids with me. Actually, I do not want to be there by myself with anyone doing 110 mph.

Take your testosterone to the track.

Flame away

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was the only time i ever did that and how many times you get a chance to go over 100 anyways

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
RJ Schuff said:
No offense, but I do not want you on the freeway when I have my wife and kids with me. Actually, I do not want to be there by myself with anyone doing 110 mph.

Flame away

after this post - i am keeping my mouth shut b/c i will be flamed hard. i have done some things in the charger with my family that i am sure i shouldn't have.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
RJ Schuff said:

Flame away
what! Give the guy a break...did he hurt anyone? More people are injured by vehicles traveling under the speed limit and causing accidents than high speed drivers. Actually, high speed drivers, when they wreck, only injure themselves in most cases.

Where do I get my info you ask? NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Adminstration.

Plus, I used to be a Traffic Accident Investigator (MP) for the US Army and was sent to tonnes of these courses and lectures. Also, I never had a high speed crash on my shifts and only heard of one happening where I was stationed (yes, only the driver and occupants were hurt/ killed).

Drunks are the predominate road killers, not people who drive fast. And when those few drivers that are hurt/ killed usually do so when the road conditions suck, like wet roads, right after a rain storm when the oils are brought to the surface of the road, etc.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dagummit said:
what! Give the guy a break...did he hurt anyone? More people are injured by vehicles traveling under the speed limit and causing accidents than high speed drivers. Actually, high speed drivers, when they wreck, only injure themselves in most cases.

Where do I get my info you ask? NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Adminstration.

Plus, I used to be a Traffic Accident Investigator (MP) for the US Army and was sent to tonnes of these courses and lectures. Also, I never had a high speed crash on my shifts and only heard of one happening where I was stationed (yes, only the driver and occupants were hurt/ killed).

Drunks are the predominate road killers, not people who drive fast. And when those few drivers that are hurt/ killed usually do so when the road conditions suck, like wet roads, right after a rain storm when the oils are brought to the surface of the road, etc.
to up the ante on this one....look at the autobahn. i have been in europe many times on the autobahn (germany - military) and never heard of anyone dying from a high speed accident and son....if you have never been....they drive fast....only time in my life i am in a military van (going right around 90) and vroom a red ferrari goes flying by at well over 125 mps....felt like i was in commercial or something......it was a blurr.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The thing about European drivers is that even the idiot drivers know that the left lane is for passing and not cruising. Unlike the US idiots that think it is for cruising since no one is in front of them. Amazing how people think that the signs in large English lettering that say "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" does not apply to them. But hey, what do you expect when the vast majority are turning into an entitlement society.

One of my good friends works at the Porsche Atlanta office and I was with him one time with a couple of the guys from Germany. They were just dumb founded at the way people drive in the US (maybe its just a Georgia think, but I doubt it).

GoDaddy said:
to up the ante on this one....look at the autobahn. i have been in europe many times on the autobahn (germany - military) and never heard of anyone dying from a high speed accident and son....if you have never been....they drive fast....only time in my life i am in a military van (going right around 90) and vroom a red ferrari goes flying by at well over 125 mps....felt like i was in commercial or something......it was a blurr.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dagummit said:
what! Give the guy a break...did he hurt anyone?

You do not have to hurt anyone to be wrong. By his own admission he is not used to or experienced at driving at high speeds.

Listen, all of us have been jackassses at one time or another and have done things behind the wheel that we later regret. We have a lot of nice people on this forum, I would hate to see us lose any because of foolishness. Even worse than that, killing an innocent. Things happen twice as fast at 100 than at 50.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
its good to hear so many comments,
as i said i dont drive at high speeds all the time and if you know los angeles traffic then you will know that there is very few chances when you get to drive fast.
you have a fast vehicle under you butt and you cannot just drive it at 55mph all the time once in a while you need excitement. when you know you are gonna go fast then you tend be more careful (atleast i am)
i didnt spend the money on the car just for showing it off but driving it once in a while at its power.
am not gonna be doing it again as it is a big risk. i got my kicks :)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
srvatte said:
am not gonna be doing it again as it is a big risk. i got my kicks :)

Well said. I'm one of those people who doesn't buy the half-of-the-story slant that people put on statistics (and I don't want to go there).

Bottom line is that srvatte knew he was taking a risk and learned from it. I've done things that made me pause and think too. Actually, now that I reflect back, some of it downright scares me.

And you know, I'd love to run against an M3. I envy you the experience.

of course, I'd beat him :wink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
RJ Schuff said:

Flame away
then stay in the right lane cause my camaro will hit 180 in about 12 seconds... :whistle:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
srvatte said:
hi guys,
have a black r/t for almost 2 months now, didnt have pleasure of racing until last friday when an M3 went pass by, after that for 10 more minutes we were crossing each other and then it was my exit, we were doing more than 110 on the freeway. we both were having fun nothing too nasty
also got a thumbs up at the end from the M3. :happy:

then i thought whats the big deal of paying 20K extra to get a M3 where you can have a charger for way less than that and still have the same power and abilities (excluding few like from 0-60 but it has almost 800lbs less i think) but i got other better options of seating 4+ in it and different look.
anyhow would be glad to hear other people experiences about this.
by the way i got a chance to smoke a G35 coupe 3 times from signal to signal he was so damn pissed :mad:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but that M3 was toying with you.... Those cars are FAST!!! The srt-8 will be the only charger to give it a run. It will barley beat it. If you have a good driver in the m3 watch out!! im not trying to say that the rt is not fast, its just not M3 fast!!
2002 BMW M3 0-60 4.7 sec, 1/4 mile 13.4 sec, the best charger r/t time in the 1/4 mile I have seen is 14.5 sec

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
srvatte said:
YES!!!

I see so damned many of those things around here, and everyone that has one thinks they're the best sh|t since sliced bread.

Good job!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ltdodge said:
Not trying to burst your bubble, but that M3 was toying with you.... Those cars are FAST!!! The srt-8 will be the only charger to give it a run. It will barley beat it. If you have a good driver in the m3 watch out!! im not trying to say that the rt is not fast, its just not M3 fast!!
2002 BMW M3 0-60 4.7 sec, 1/4 mile 13.4 sec, the best charger r/t time in the 1/4 mile I have seen is 14.5 sec
ltdodge said:

ok i really dont care about numbers, also i dont think he was just toying around, you can just tell it, yeah may be it a sec faster or something something all i care was i had fun doing it
i didnt buy the charger for numbers, i did as it is the best car for the money i paid.
honestly i wouldnt buy a bmer they are just too expensive for me atleast.

also just for you info, my colleague at work has a 03 M3 and i know more facts than just numbers about the car. so i wouldnt start comparing them each of them has its own +ves. the main +ve for me that i paid 40% less than a M3 and i can live being a second+ slow.

AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME FUN.
CHARGER RULES AND I DONT CARE FOR NUMBERS :rockon:

·
Registered
263 Posts
GoDaddy said:

Actually, my wife was a Traffic Accident Investigator/MP stationed in Germany, and she said when accidents did happen on the autobahn, they were grusome. But you are right, they didn't happen that often...comparingly though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
RJ Schuff said:
dagummit said:
what! Give the guy a break...did he hurt anyone?

You do not have to hurt anyone to be wrong. By his own admission he is not used to or experienced at driving at high speeds.

Listen, all of us have been jackassses at one time or another and have done things behind the wheel that we later regret. We have a lot of nice people on this forum, I would hate to see us lose any because of foolishness. Even worse than that, killing an innocent. Things happen twice as fast at 100 than at 50.

That is why there is the Fast and then there are the Furious...

(okay, I couldn't help it...I love the movie...)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts