Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone got lease numbers for a 2015 Charger yet? I am considering a lease once and for all. I haven't kept a car more than 2 years in a 10 year span, and i waste a lot of money on taxes. Considering leasing a 2015 R/T Premium package which is top end options I guess. Or a scat pack in my perfect world, once they come out.

The problem is I put more than 12k miles/year on my cars. So it would need to be a 15k mile lease. I prefer 2 year leases, I can't hold on to cars very long. I have about $8000 equity in a 2015 CX5 I am keeping in my hand for a trade in. I guess the average lease requires around $3000 down, so i could put $5000 cash back in the bank instead of wasting it on tax on a purchase.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't really use that because I have no idea what the cars value will be at the end of a lease. I was more looking for info on if a lease is just as negotiable as a purchase.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Can't really use that because I have no idea what the cars value will be at the end of a lease. I was more looking for info on if a lease is just as negotiable as a purchase.
The leasing company will dictate the residual and interest rate. These are not typically negotiable.

The residual (the car's value at the end of the lease) is an estimate and is usually a percentage of the purchase price and is based on the length of the lease.

So you will see things like 36 months with a 50% residual, 48 months with a 30% residual, etc.

I would contact your local dealer for that info as it typically changes from model to model and year to year.

Once you have the interest rate and residual you can use the online calculator and tweak the down-payment to get your desired monthly lease payment.

Reactions: placcy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then again. you should not be throwing a huge down payment into a lease just to get your monthly down. the opposite is true, putting down as little as possible. but then you are stuck with a huge monthly payment. almost seems like there is no way to win with a lease. except for the tax saved from not purchasing. Tax is about 9% here in California, and we also have no trade-in tax credit here which sucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
then again. you should not be throwing a huge down payment into a lease just to get your monthly down. the opposite is true, putting down as little as possible. but then you are stuck with a huge monthly payment. almost seems like there is no way to win with a lease. except for the tax saved from not purchasing. Tax is about 9% here in California, and we also have no trade-in tax credit here which sucks.
Sales tax is 13% here and when you lease you only pay the tax on the lease payment, so for the same reason leasing has it's benefits.

And you're correct; there is no free lunch. You can put more money down and have a lower payment, or put less down and have a larger payment.

This is financing 101. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lease #

Some cars cannot be leased my boyfriend wanted to lease a 2015 srt8 challerger and was told no lease option availibile ! I lease a 2014 rt charger and pay 380 a month!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, i been doing a lot of research on lease numbers on a loaded 2015 R/T with premium package and sunroof. These are the kinds of numbers I was seeing. Keep in mind, this is before any negotiation to get it lower, and this is with their standard $4000 down payment...

3 year / 10k miles / $353 before tax

3 year / 15k miles / $391 before tax

------------------------------------------

2 years / 10k miles / $403 before tax

2 year / 15k miles/ $438 before tax.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Some cars cannot be leased my boyfriend wanted to lease a 2015 srt8 challerger and was told no lease option availibile ! I lease a 2014 rt charger and pay 380 a month!
Anything can be leased. The leasing company the dealer users may choose not to lease a particular model, but somewhere out there is a finance company or bank that will do the deal, you just gotta find it, and pay what they want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need the ScatPack Chargers to hurry up and come out so i can finalize my plans and get moving.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Word on street

I need the ScatPack Chargers to hurry up and come out so i can finalize my plans and get moving.
They are opening the builds again mid February! 2/14/15 we will be ordering our challerger! Srt8 adding a shaker sublime :banana:. Best of luck getting your dream car

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are opening the builds again mid February! 2/14/15 we will be ordering our challerger! Srt8 adding a shaker sublime :banana:. Best of luck getting your dream car
R U SIRIUS??

only 2 more weeks wait?? but then how long till they are on the lots. i never order a car, easier to negotiate on lot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
He wants the Black / Sepia Interior Color(not to many around)
Sublime Green Pearl with Manual ( so I cannot drive it lol) there are a handfull of Green ones but th interior he wants.he will have to wait up to 12 weeks. by the time he gets it the snow will be gone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ive had a 2012 and 2013 superbee and almost bought a used Superbee this time instead. but i really want that 8 speed tranny.

find LastHumansGarage on YouTube for my Superbee videos.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
ive had a 2012 and 2013 superbee and almost bought a used Superbee this time instead. but i really want that 8 speed tranny.

find LastHumansGarage on YouTube for my Superbee videos.
I have watched all of your videos on your Superbee, and have posted a couple here anytime someone asks how to add the 8.4" screen to a 4.3" screen!

Good Videos!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts