Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw one of those new Lincoln Zephrs or something whatever they are called, they got the air conditioned seats, bunch of tiny holes that a vent hooks to under the seat to give that nice NON soaked back look when you arrive at work? Does anyone do those or know what im talkin about? Ill tell you what, ill trade my heated seats for airconditioned ones ANYDAY here in Arizona. Anyone agree?

ADD***Check out this link... VERY interesting, if you wanna see them go to Lincolns site, they come in a few cars..
http://www.sunjournal.com/index.php...34&PHPSESSID=816b430862e4f3dd9d0b5689aaba49f1

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I saw one of those new Lincoln Zephrs or something whatever they are called, they got the air conditioned seats, bunch of tiny holes that a vent hooks to under the seat to give that nice NON soaked back look when you arrive at work? Does anyone do those or know what im talkin about? Ill tell you what, ill trade my heated seats for airconditioned ones ANYDAY here in Arizona. Anyone agree?
yea i'd definitely trade. i dont think i'll ever use the heated seats.

but about the air conditioned ones. i've never even heard of them. sounds pretty cool though. i'd love to have it cause the daytona seats like to trap heat in the lower back area. on long trips i have to lean forward to get fresh air back there lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is a real pain in the Azz here in Arizona, nothing like going somewhere and getting out of your car looking like Chris Farley leaving an aerobics class! Look on Lincolns side, my dad was the GM of a Dodge, Ford, Lincoln dealership up in NorCal and they had one in the show room, it was badass. You know whats a funny trick? When your cruisin with a buddy or something, when they arent paying attention hit his seat heater on high, wait like 10 mins and all of the sudden he/she will be wonderin WTF, probably not even say anything for a while.. LOL I do it to my girlfriend all the time.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Our 06 Cadillac STS has them as well as our 05 Expedition Limited. They are really nice. We live in the desert part of So Cal and they come in handy alot more than the seat heaters they come with also. Wish our Charger had them as an option.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone got a shop that can build one? I dont imagine its THAT difficult, just running that under the seat vent into the seat and changing out the material for some ventilated leather.. easy enough if I knew ANYTHING at all how to do it..lol

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Katzkin has a special package for their leather seats where you can get fans in the seats... Makes the install a lil harder though :)
Have any more details? Pics and cost?

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
I drove a Saab 9-5 back in like 1999 or 2000 with this option...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I actually work with GM on their heated/vented seats. I am going to try to find out from one of their seat suppliers what is required to install a factory-style system to this seat.

BTW, does anyone know who makes the seats for the Chargers? I would really like to talk to them about this as they know the seat better than anyone else.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I do not know who makes the seats but I tell you what... We did a Katzkin Seat Heater install onto a 08 Dakota with Factory Cloth and it was HOT!!! I have to test all the vehicles before they are returned to the dealership and I tell you what, on the HIGH Setting the seat was burning my back and legs lol... The Seat heaters DEFINITELY WORK....

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a buddy with seat A/C in his Infinity...it makes you feel like you're peeing your pants. I know that sounds weird, but it's applicable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts