Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, but I just installed K&N's KNN-57-1542 COLD AIR INTAKE.....

Very nice. Improved the performance as well as the sound. Substancially more expensive than the unit you're thinking of, but 21 added h.p. @ 5200 rpm.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There doesn't seem to be anything separating the air filter from the rest of the under-hood area. So the flow rate may be higher than stock, but it would be pulling in hot air most of the time.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
No, but I just installed K&N's KNN-57-1542 COLD AIR INTAKE.....

Very nice. Improved the performance as well as the sound. Substancially more expensive than the unit you're thinking of, but 21 added h.p. @ 5200 rpm.
21 added h.p. @ 5200
21 added h.p. @ 5200....

so yesterday jesus came down from the clouds and we partied for a while. he drank me under the table, but we were drinkin some fancy red wine, i think he had the advantage there. if it were whiskey ida won. true story. believe me?

lol.
:eek: just because it says that on the side of the box doesnt make it true.

does your throttle body spacer add another 40 hp too? or have you not gotten one yet? omg, you have to, theyre the best.

go put your stock airbox back on. goto a dyno and pull your car.
go again with a CAI.
pull you car.
if you have 20 hp gain at the wheels, i will mail you a crisp 100$ bill.
hell if you have more than 10 i will.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dudeiwin86-

You must have lots of time on your hands... I do believe the dyno test results, from a company like K & N.

Additionally, your story has grown incredibly tiresome, and with an attitude like yours I'm surprised you’re a senior member.

I noticed a substantial throttle response increase, and was merely responding to the original question posted... NOT LOL

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hemi, nothing against you but alot of people in this forum and especially over at the lxforums have done their own independent dynos, and noone has shown this kind of rwhp gain from any cold air intake.

In fact in most cases they've proven you're lucky if you get 5-10 rwhp out of these cold air units.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
dudeiwin86-

You must have lots of time on your hands... I do believe the dyno test results, from a company like K & N.

Additionally, your story has grown incredibly tiresome, and with an attitude like yours I'm surprised you’re a senior member.

I noticed a substantial throttle response increase, and was merely responding to the original question posted... NOT LOL
a company like k&n wants your money. your just another grain of sand in the desert to them. its a big corporation who has the money to have adds in games liek forza motorsport 2 and car and driver mag.

do you know how much money it costs to have those ads?

a senior member only requires a post count. so i dono how that suprises you. i think it only takes 100 posts to be a senior member too. that shouldnt effect(affect?) what people think about me. im no expert.

but. NO cai is gonna give you more than 10hp to your wheels. period.

ive never taken my car to a dyno.

something also tells me that if you have the time enough on your hands to post on these boards, you probably have enough to do a lil research about what you buy. and spend 2 hours installing it, sounds like spare time to me.

secondly, i would never put anything onto my car based on the fact that the box says i should. researching anything that goes on a 39k$ car is mandatory, i dont care if its a new filter or a new turbo charger.

im being rude because im tired of seeing posts about cold air intakes(theres got to be a minimum of 10 on the last 3 pages of this forum). of people claiming figures as facts when they actually know nothing about them. and asking which is better than the other.

a cold air intake will gives you 3-10 hp(maybe around 5 depending on your other mods) to the wheels.
all it really does in free up a bit of throttle response and add some pretty noise to your exhaust. and add a bonus horsey when you get a new mod like a catback, then cats, then headers.

hate to burst your bubble.
but if you think that you can get the same performance from a new intake, as you can from a whole new exhaust system, for 10% the price, i need the drugs your smokin too please.

so hopefully now every one who doesnt feel like using the search function is educated until i get to yell at the next batch of non-searchers in a couple days

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
read this thread, about the AFE Stage 2. they dont have one for K&N that i saw. and the same guy says teh AFE is better than K&N. so u can take a notch or 2 off what you read and BANG u got ur k&N.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=43346

and here is the main forum, in which u can read comparisons to other intakes and OTHER items for our car.

all were scientifically testeed(i.e. using constants like the same car, same mods, same weather etc) so theyre very accurate

MODS FACE OFF:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=164

i saved you some of your oh so precious time since i have WAY too much on my hands right?

·
Registered
379 Posts
i saved you some of your oh so precious time since i have WAY too much on my hands right?[/QUOTE]

Dude U Win:lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Someone needs to get laid Bad lol... Chill out

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
lol... we all know about the New CAI and New Exhaust question threads that pop up everyday, just kinda get used to it. It could be worse, they could be asking about the Tornado mod or the electrical supercharger mods on eBay lol...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
lol... we all know about the New CAI and New Exhaust question threads that pop up everyday, just kinda get used to it. It could be worse, they could be asking about the Tornado mod or the electrical supercharger mods on eBay lol...
then why dont you post something constructive like i did instead of post stupid little one liners like my 13 y/o little sister would say

·
Registered
230 Posts
lets see..... stock i had 250hp then added CAI ( 25 hp ) and high flow exhaust ( another 25 hp ). the cardboard dyno says i have 300hp!!!!!!!!

HA HA

·
Registered
248 Posts
ont get that cai, its shorter then stock and it ill suck in more hot air and make your motor run hotter. I had the same problem with one just like it an i bought it off of ebay, now i have the afe stage 2. I would recommend the afe stage 2.......Dan

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ont get that cai, its shorter then stock and it ill suck in more hot air and make your motor run hotter. I had the same problem with one just like it an i bought it off of ebay, now i have the afe stage 2. I would recommend the afe stage 2.......Dan
i second that motion.
afe stage 2 for the win

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.