Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen and chatted with a guy who had a 2007 stage 3 Roush stang the other day and it actually looked and sounded pretty cool. I think the performance numbers are similar to the Charger but anyone ever ran one and if so how did they make out.Probably a drivers race but...... I would think the 427R version would be a tick quicker than the Charger but probably a whole lot more fun to drive. But then again...it is a mustang..........

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i dk man. last week i was in dallas and i saw 3 of those within 10 minutes. and i swear it wasnt the same one. i dk how many of them were made but i thought they were really rare, but apparently they arent lol. i didnt race any of them though. 2 of them were parked and one was on the freeway during rush hour traffic. they look really fast though.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
PM Curz, a member here, he traded an SRT8 for a Roush Mustang....he still hangs around with us and would give you an honest answer...from what I have read it would be a close race between an SRT8 and stage 3 Roush with the advantage to the stang...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I have a Stage II Roush Mustang with an intercooled Vortech HO Supercharger and an SRT 8 with a GSM Supercharger...The Mustang is faster...because its 700lbs lighter. I dont think a stock SRT 8 would be able to hang with a supercharged Mustang. I have both...no favorites, different cars.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
PM Curz, a member here, he traded an SRT8 for a Roush Mustang....he still hangs around with us and would give you an honest answer...from what I have read it would be a close race between an SRT8 and stage 3 Roush with the advantage to the stang...
:smoke:

Stage 3 has 415hp and the 427R has 427hp. I think you are right and that its a drivers race in the 1/4. Any less distance would go to the Roush and any more to the SRT8. The Roush has the weight advantage by 600lbs-ish and better gears - 3.55 stock. The 6.1L has a much better top end. The Roush suspension is very good and pulls a 1.0 skidpad which is along the lines of a GT3 which I think is its best attribute

I have the 427R model with an upgraded pulley and 4.10s. Ive never ran it in the 1/4 mile yet.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Stage 3 has 415hp and the 427R has 427hp. I think you are right and that its a drivers race in the 1/4. Any less distance would go to the Roush and any more to the SRT8. The Roush has the weight advantage by 600lbs-ish and better gears - 3.55 stock. The 6.1L has a much better top end. The Roush suspension is very good and pulls a 1.0 skidpad which is along the lines of a GT3 which I think is its best attribute

I have the 427R model with an upgraded pulley and 4.10s. Ive never ran it in the 1/4 mile yet.
what were your impressions driving the roush before the 4'10's. did it feel quite impressive or a dissapointment? It's so hard to go buy just hp numbers anymore in regards to "feel". My charger just never felt all that impressive to me,although I'am sure it would have put up a good number. I did not know the mustangs were that much lighter...i only thought it was 300-400 pounds.600 is quite a difference. Although a stang,those roush ones do look cool.
Well,hopefully a manual charger is not too far down the road

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
what were your impressions driving the roush before the 4'10's. did it feel quite impressive or a dissapointment? It's so hard to go buy just hp numbers anymore in regards to "feel". My charger just never felt all that impressive to me,although I'am sure it would have put up a good number. I did not know the mustangs were that much lighter...i only thought it was 300-400 pounds.600 is quite a difference. Although a stang,those roush ones do look cool.
Well,hopefully a manual charger is not too far down the road
yea, but no way you can get adults in the backseat so theres the tradeoff. The Charger is more functional in that regards. The 3.55s were fine. Its very quick off the start but the 4.10s just wake it the hell up and its a cheap mod. I like the abilty to mod it as well. The only constraint is that I cant swap another pulley without a warranty void. Once im ok with doing that 500hp is easy to get to - pulley swap and a new tune - but with some risk obviously.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts

I knew you would show up...I actually thought there was ~400 lbs diff...maybe I'm thinking about the Shelby....seems like I read the 415HP was a 13 second car....but you are right...much easier to mod those Mustangs they are................BTW...owning that Stang has made your bird mean..;)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I knew you would show up...I actually thought there was ~400 lbs diff...maybe I'm thinking about the Shelby....seems like I read the 415HP was a 13 second car....but you are right...much easier to mod those Mustangs they are................BTW...owning that Stang has made your bird mean..;)
yea, I think its the back seat...kind of small now..shes mad

Yea, I think that is the Shelby. Its like 3800-3900 lbs

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
yea, I think its the back seat...kind of small now..shes mad

Yea, I think that is the Shelby. Its like 3800-3900 lbs

I saw a video of the a Shelby and Roush 427 road racing....Roush would leave the Shelby in the curves but the Shelby would make up time on the straightaways.....Roush ended up winning...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I raced my brothers 2007 Saleen Mustang SC from a 1st gear roll from about 30mph and i had him all the way to 100mph and then he caught up and passed me be a quarter of a car. I started to catch back up on him until he let out of it. Just to let you know he is an excellent driver. We are use to driving 9 and 10 second street cars. I just wanted to say that i just put in my B&G Computer the night i raced my brother and my trans was not shifting as firm as it was the first time i had put in the B&G computer. If it would have shifted as firm as it did before i think i could have stayed in front of him the whole way.

I have an 07 charger srt-8 with American Racing Headers, Corsa Catback, High Flow Cats, CAI, and B&G stage 2.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I ran with a 06 mustang gt with the roush supercharger and he had exhaust.. i beat him about 1.5 cars.. he is getting a smaller pully and we will try again.. and mine had maybe 1000km on the car and now im at 2300 km for milage and bone stock.. Looking into the diablo tuner/exhaust/intake soon.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just do us all a favor and race on a track. We dont need anymore fatalities!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The tests I seen on Roush S3 Stang has them running low 12's to 11.9 on slicks and high 12's on street tires. It all depends on the driver

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i dk man. last week i was in dallas and i saw 3 of those within 10 minutes. and i swear it wasnt the same one. i dk how many of them were made but i thought they were really rare, but apparently they arent lol. i didnt race any of them though. 2 of them were parked and one was on the freeway during rush hour traffic. they look really fast though.
thats a mustang for ya " they look really fast" but thats about it they still break like any other ford

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I raced a 427 supercharged Roush at the track with my 426 Charger a few months back. It was like the good ol days. A 426 Mopar vs a 427 Ford. I beat him twice in two runs back to back. The car looked good lined up next to me.

C.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts