Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Charger 3.5L SXT about 18 days ago. It took a few days to start noticing things. The dealer is clueless since the car is as new to them, or at least that's the story I'm getting.

Does any one else have a problem with:

Passenger floor/carpet? On the right side of the passenger floorboard, the carpet can be pushed down about 2 inches before hitting bottom. The left side (where your left foot would go)of the carpet is tacked down, but the right side isn't. Strange. So your right foot is about 2 inches lower than you left foot when sitting in the passenger seat. The dealer didn't have any other Chargers on the lot to compare.

Engine vibration. If you didn't know any better, you would think I had the V8 under the hood the way the car shakes. Anyone else with the 6 get the same feel? I rented a Charger from Thrifty in May, but it had a 2.7L in it, no vibrations but didn't expect any so I cannot compare.

Transmission slipping? A lot of strange things here. When at a red light, it feels like the transmission is shifting or something. This is my 1st experience with autostick (the rental had the same trans as the Magnum). Does autostick cause this feeling? It sometimes feels like the car wants to just go! Not that that's a bad thing....but you better have your foot on the brake.
Sometimes when I put it reverse, it doesn't "catch" right away. Let off the gas and try again, and it works fine.

First year gremlins? I've emailed Dodge since the dealer cannot help, but I need to ask others who own to see if anyone else is experiencing anything. I don't even have perm tags yet and am concerned what I'll find next.

I'll post what Dodge has to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
Howdy vrod, welcome to the forum. I dont have min yet, so can't really make a comment about about your problems. Hopefully it all works out, I'm sure someone who has their car should be able to compare notes :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,078 Posts
I've had my SXT since 6/8, and have just over 1100 miles on the odo. Here's what I've noticed with regards to your questions/concerns:

VRod said:
Passenger floor/carpet? On the right side of the passenger floorboard, the carpet can be pushed down about 2 inches before hitting bottom. The left side (where your left foot would go)of the carpet is tacked down, but the right side isn't. Strange. So your right foot is about 2 inches lower than you left foot when sitting in the passenger seat. The dealer didn't have any other Chargers on the lot to compare.
This isn't present in my car. The carpets in my SXT are even all the way across. It sounds like the carpet in you car either didn't get tacked down at all in that area, or it didn't get tacked down too well and has come loose.

VRod said:
Engine vibration. If you didn't know any better, you would think I had the V8 under the hood the way the car shakes. Anyone else with the 6 get the same feel? I rented a Charger from Thrifty in May, but it had a 2.7L in it, no vibrations but didn't expect any so I cannot compare.
The V6 is a big, heavy engine, and I can definitely feel it when idling, but it isn't anything overbearing or annoying, and it doesn't shake the whole car.

VRod said:
Transmission slipping? A lot of strange things here. When at a red light, it feels like the transmission is shifting or something. This is my 1st experience with autostick (the rental had the same trans as the Magnum). Does autostick cause this feeling? It sometimes feels like the car wants to just go! Not that that's a bad thing....but you better have your foot on the brake. Sometimes when I put it reverse, it doesn't "catch" right away. Let off the gas and try again, and it works fine.
I have experienced no problems what-so-ever with my transmission.

I am interested in what Dodge has to say just in case I, or others, experience some of these things on down the line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I just got my charger two weeks ago and everything seems fine. The engine does not shake and my carpets are ever. Good luck man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far, and I'm happy no one is experiencing the same issues.

I'll let you know when Dodge replies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Hope Dodge can help you quickly with your issues. I have had my SXT since Memorial Day weekend and have put 3,000 miles on the car. The interior fit and finish was just fine and have had no problems with vibration/shake or tranny slippage whatsoever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
ninerjoe said:
Since when has there been a Charger with a 2.7L? :confused:
Fleet orders, companies, rentals, etc. Those can have the 2.7L in them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Dodge folks told me I rented a "pilot" car. It had no ID other than Charger on the trunk, but was in SE trim (no chrome). Had the same interior except the tranny. Basically a Magnum. No idea what car the small engine came from. It didn't have much power and the handling wasn't near as good as what I'm driving now.
I had it parked at Lou's Blues, a bar on the beach near Melbourne FL back in May. Some guy came into the bar yelling "who's driving the Charger?". Amazing the looks and reception the car got then, and it still gets. Still haven't seen another on the road, (I live in the DC area, work in Arlington VA).
I wonder what will happen to those pilot cars? I doubt they will be sold as used. An 05-and-a-half Charger? Might have some $$ value one day.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
blitzkrieg_55 said:
I just got a R/T with the Hemi. I noticed that the engine does vibrate. I just thought dodge wanted it that way.
I've noticed my R/T is smooth and quiet, and this was something that impressed me when I purchased it.I have no desire to attract cops or anyone else, though I can't say I mind the occasional thumbs-up from other drivers ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
99 Posts
Remember this is a north american car. NHV are much higher. If you you want something that purrs like a kitten buy an Avalon. Those cars are amazing. They look great with a killer interior and go like a bat out of hell(as fast as a hemi with a V6). When cruising down the street you would think it was electric or the engine was not running. Just two different classes of cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
well i have had my charger for 3 weeks but what stinks is that i havent had since last thursday. the first day i had my charger the engine light turned on. i took it back and they said the o2 sensor was reading wrong so they reset. then a week later it turned on again so they ordered a new o2 sensor and put that in then last week thmy engine llight turned on again swo i took it back and they keeped it over the weekend to fully check it. they told methat my pcm computer is bad and now they have to order that and replace it cause the 02 sensor was good the whole time. now they still have the car. is anyone else's engine turn on too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
On the way to Arizona I noticed what sounded like a fan bearing going bad in the central dash area. It would come on and squeak for a few 'rotations' then stop...then start again for a minute or so, then stop again. I was set to take it to the dealer next week.....but the last time it made the sound I flat handed down on the center of the dash and it stopped! Didn't even know there was a fan in that location....or it was loose duct work carrying a fan vibration from the passenger side of the dash. Anyway, it stopped and hasn't come back since. And no, the air conditioning, etc. continues to work as it should with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I had the first Charger in the State of Delaware...bought around May 12th and actually took it home about 5 days later (the dealer had advertised they had the only Charger in the State and wouldn't let me take it). It is an R/T and I had over 3700 miles when a DOT Truck hit it last week.

I had a slight miss every once in a while while idling and other than that it was awesome.

It is now at the dealership being patched back together.

:sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
VRod said:
I bought my Charger 3.5L SXT about 18 days ago. It took a few days to start noticing things. The dealer is clueless since the car is as new to them, or at least that's the story I'm getting.

Does any one else have a problem with:

Passenger floor/carpet? On the right side of the passenger floorboard, the carpet can be pushed down about 2 inches before hitting bottom. The left side (where your left foot would go)of the carpet is tacked down, but the right side isn't. Strange. So your right foot is about 2 inches lower than you left foot when sitting in the passenger seat. The dealer didn't have any other Chargers on the lot to compare.

Engine vibration. If you didn't know any better, you would think I had the V8 under the hood the way the car shakes. Anyone else with the 6 get the same feel? I rented a Charger from Thrifty in May, but it had a 2.7L in it, no vibrations but didn't expect any so I cannot compare.

Transmission slipping? A lot of strange things here. When at a red light, it feels like the transmission is shifting or something. This is my 1st experience with autostick (the rental had the same trans as the Magnum). Does autostick cause this feeling? It sometimes feels like the car wants to just go! Not that that's a bad thing....but you better have your foot on the brake.
Sometimes when I put it reverse, it doesn't "catch" right away. Let off the gas and try again, and it works fine.

First year gremlins? I've emailed Dodge since the dealer cannot help, but I need to ask others who own to see if anyone else is experiencing anything. I don't even have perm tags yet and am concerned what I'll find next.

I'll post what Dodge has to say.
VROD,

I have had my R/T since May 18th in North Carolina. I had a problem with my carpet also. I brought it to the dealer and they pulled off the kick plate molding on the drivers side and put in another tack in the front and a little glue near the back of the kick plate. The factory did'nt fit the carpet to good. Now everything is good. As for engine and trany I have never had anything this good. As a previous owner of a 2003 Mustang G/T my new HEMI R/T is the best thing I have ever had. Will never stray from MOPAR again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I noticed that the (lifted) flooring is present on both the drivers, and passengers sides. I think there may be some under carriage re-enforcement which causes the interior ****pit to be shaped like that (with the carpet lift).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
****pit : is the filter really this bad?
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top