Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the 20 minute oil change place to but in my QB, and after it was full I noticed a large amount of oil dripping from the drivers side. My first thought was a busted cooler line, but it came from the filter.
I have an AEM CAI, and my guess is that the people that put the oil in dumped it in too fast and it overflowed into that hose that runs from the oil fill neck to the cai.

Also, since the bottom half of my AEM dryflow filter is soaked in oil, is it now trash or can it be cleaned?

Thanks

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Well, I went to the 20 minute oil change place to but in my QB, and after it was full I noticed a large amount of oil dripping from the drivers side. My first thought was a busted cooler line, but it came from the filter.
I have an AEM CAI, and my guess is that the people that put the oil in dumped it in too fast and it overflowed into that hose that runs from the oil fill neck to the cai.

Also, since the bottom half of my AEM dryflow filter is soaked in oil, is it now trash or can it be cleaned?

Thanks
James,

I would stop and go to a local drug store and use some isopropyl alcohol and pour it through it to get rid of the oil. I do not know what it is made of but shouldn't be an issue. LMK

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
A guy at the gas station said he had oil and crumbs in his. It looked like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
A guy at the gas station said he had oil and crumbs in his. It looked like this...
lol

81turboTA: you can clean the filter thats not an issue, my cai has oil stains on the tube from the crankcase vent but not on the filter.

good luck

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the aem and afe filters oil gets heavy and falls off the filter down in that area. You either have the fast fill up issue you described or its the oil off your air filter thats fallen down. Its quite common on afe's, i dont know bout aem's as much

·
Registered
898 Posts
the aem and afe filters oil gets heavy and falls off the filter down in that area. You either have the fast fill up issue you described or its the oil off your air filter thats fallen down. Its quite common on afe's, i dont know bout aem's as much
the dryflow don't use oil on the filter

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
So did you say anything to the oil change place?? Stuff like this is the reason I prefer to do my own oil changes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah definitely let them know I wasn't happy. They offered to get me a new filter, but I couldn't wait for the downtime. I would have done it myself, but on the road I didnt bring all my tools and such.

Brian, the isopropyl alcohol worked wonders. Its the AEM synthetic dry filter media, and after cleaning it twice per their instructions, still slimy with oil. Not anymore.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
That had to be from the person recharging the system and using way to much oil, cus i run a AFE stage II and have never seen that happen to mine...13000 miles on her and never so much as a drip

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
That had to be from the person recharging the system and using way to much oil, cus i run a AFE stage II and have never seen that happen to mine...13000 miles on her and never so much as a drip
walk through a lx show and about 90% of em have a pile of oil under the filter. the afe's suck the oil through them and people get antsy and reoil them like crazy til theres a puddle under the filter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts