Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car I origianlly ordered through the dealership came in today with goodyears instead of continentals.Was wondering if anyone else had them on theirs?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine had Continentals, but one other R/T on the lot had Goodyears.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Which are better? I haven't good things about he Conti's on the R/T, or the Michelins that come on the R/T with the perf package.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wifes Altima had conti's and they were like skis in the littlest amount of snow. I was actually afraid to drive it.Put a nice set of Michelins on ,and it was like a totally different car.Handled much better in snow too. I hope the Conti's on the Charger are different.

·
Registered
202 Posts
michellins are great. they just tend to wear fast.

i have goodyears on my truck and they have started to dry rot and still have plenty of tread left. so, to me thats pretty cool. just gotta keep an eye on on them so's they dont get too bad. i liked them though, good in all conditions.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: Good news

Can you confirm the size of the Goodyears as 225/60/18? After all the bad things I've heard about the Contis from 300 & Magnum owners (tread gone @20,000, etc.) I've been waiting for other mfrs to put out tires in that size.

My plan is to treat my Contis with kid gloves until reviews of tires from other mfrs arrive in sufficient numbers for me to make an informed decision. I got burned on some Dunlops I put on my old Intrepid, so I'm wary...

·
Banned
113 Posts
My R/T has continentals and I hate them

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine also has Conti's on it. I don't have much experience with this brand, but they do seem soft in the sidewall.

Tom.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine has continentals and they seem to roll just fine

:)

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been waiting for other mfrs to put out tires in that size

Me too.All I see online in that size is Contis or Pirelli. That's why seeing the Goodyears suprised me.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Maybe Dodge finally realized putting dumb eurotrash tires on an American Muscle Car was kind of stupid and decided to stop short-changing their customers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
All R/t With The R/t Pkg Will Have Continentals Because Of The Hp Engine Controller. Same As The Srt-8.IF THERES A SHORTAGE OF GOODYEARS FOR THE REG R/T THEY WILL PUT THE CONTINENTALS ON THEM.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a regular R/T and it has Conti's. They drive fine but traction sucks big time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts