Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the orange Daytona's are not as orange in real life as they look in the pictures released by Dodge. Hey, I'm not talking boycott here, I'm just saying that it was a bit dissappointing when I finally saw one in person. It's still an awesome car. It still looks great. But I would have liked it more orange.

BTW, mines Inferno Red.

Hmmmmm....maybe it's just my way of not feeling so bad that I didn't wait for a Daytona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
a14umbra said:
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the orange Daytona's are not as orange in real life as they look in the pictures released by Dodge. Hey, I'm not talking boycott here, I'm just saying that it was a bit dissappointing when I finally saw one in person. It's still an awesome car. It still looks great. But I would have liked it more orange.

BTW, mines Inferno Red.

Hmmmmm....maybe it's just my way of not feeling so bad that I didn't wait for a Daytona.

I actually like the "in real life" color of the go mango then in the photo's.... as I prefer the burnt copper color over the car being more of a "hemi orange" color...

Just like you have the red... I cannot stand the shade of red dodge is currently using... (think there was a thread about the red already though)... anyway... to each his own... thats why they offer more then 1 color for every vehicle... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,733 Posts
I agree, I HATE my car! :lol: :lol: :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
I'm with Daytona R/T... love the color more so in person.... my wife even commented... its not as orange as I thought it would be....

The Top Bannana looks good on this car (i think because of the black decals).. i'm not a big yellow car fan...

I'm not crazy about "Cool Vanilla" or the red they have... but i have seen those cars with mods that make you look away from the color...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
I actually like the "in real life" color of the go mango then in the photo's.... as I prefer the burnt copper color over the car being more of a "hemi orange" color...

Just like you have the red... I cannot stand the shade of red dodge is currently using... (think there was a thread about the red already though)... anyway... to each his own... thats why they offer more then 1 color for every vehicle... :D
I concur!! Absatively! That's a contraction. Anyway, DRT is right on IMHO. The orange, like on the fruit, would cheapen the looks of this awesome ride, again imho. :happy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm showing my age.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
a14umbra said:
I think I'm showing my age.
No you're not, just you're preference. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
man, now I'm totally BUMMED OUT! I bought an RT in red because I did not see myself riding an orange car every day... now that I find out it;s more like a burnt orange or copper, I feel like I jipped myself! MAAAANNN!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
littleJohnnyfromNJ said:
man, now I'm totally BUMMED OUT! I bought an RT in red because I did not see myself riding an orange car every day... now that I find out it;s more like a burnt orange or copper, I feel like I jipped myself! MAAAANNN!!!!!!
What?!! :confused: No dude, DRT was stating that he liked the burnt orange color of his car rather than an orange orange. He didn't care for the Inferno Red as far as red's go. Your car is RED bud. No worries!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I saw this color on the 2005 Ram Daytona, and fell in love with it.

When I told my wife I was getting a Mango Orange car she looked at me like I was nuts.

I assured her that it DIDN'T look like the pictures, and that it was more of a copper color.

She didn't see the color until the day I brought it home...now she likes it too.

I won't say she loves it, because she wanted me to get a Chrysler 300.

I kept telling her the pictures didn't do the car or the color justice, in fact the pictures I took of it don't do it justice. It's one of those colors you have to see in person.

The only other color I would have been interested it is Plum Crazy Purple, but she said "NO PURPLE CARS", she didn't want a "BARNEY" car. (the kids dinosaur)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
What bothers me the most is the Daytona's black accents. Not a great fan of the color. Would have bought yellow before orange.... then strip it of the black accents.

PS.. everyone that has seen the red close up loves the deep tone of the color. When the sun is strong, it looks like its glowing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
beezn said:
Love the MANGO!

OK That was way too funny... Great SNL Skit...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I think I read sonewhere it was to be called "Come Get Me Copper" but got nixed because of the negative connotation. On a personal note I like better in person.

Ps. Im new--1st post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
i wasnt dissapointed but i definetly expected the car to be more orange than copper.

that said, i absolutely LOVE the color and wish that it was available for the regular chargers. i still think a better name for that color would be "catch me copper" haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I hated the looks of the Go Mango on the internet, but when I saw one at the dealership in person I liked it so much I almost waited a couple of months to save more and get one. Its a nice color, and pretty unique.

Im still in love with my Cool Vanilla, I think it shows the lines of the car better than Black, which was my first pick until I saw a Charger in the Vanilla. Truth be told though, I like all the colors, they look better in person and especially in the sunlight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
I personally don't like the dark copper color...definitley not my "COLOR"...But i loved it when i thought it was more like the hemi orange..Makes me worry about if the top banana will look different in real life???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
i still haven't seen it in person...only pics. i can't wait to see one in person. i really can't wait to see the yellow daytona. i think that yellow is gonna rock. but i am still waiting on the go mango to show up in town.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
113 Posts
I almost bought the gomango TRUCK when I saw it in person simply because I absolutely loved the color in person. I instead spent about $6k less and bought a hemi powered 1500 that was nearly identical to it only minus the minor daytona tweaks and spoiler in the back. I was almost willing to pay that extra $6k just because the color rocks so much.....

went with the Silver for my R/T because it was the first available and I hate waiting.

Also I believe the decals on the Charger really suck big time! they covered way too much of that orange with crappy decals! I'd remove them for sure.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top