Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there actually bought the superbee interior door panels/ conversion kit from MPSC. I've seen some of the DIY project but not one with the conversion yet. Are the headliner and pillars also dark grey as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Yea, thats probably my only complaint about the Daytona is there were NO options of interior color changes.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Well, for all that would be interested in painting, I would recomend "Krylon FUSION for plastics". I've done mine about 2 weeks ago and no scratches yet. You can merely try scartching the paint off with your fingernails and nothing will come off; feels like it's the plastic itself that has the color.

I used a total of 4 cans of "Satin Black" Krylon Fusion and about 2 1/2 cans of Duplicolor Clear Coat. About $45.00 to include a can of Paint Thinner to prep/wipe the material.

There are Dye spray cans out there that you can buy also, I never worked with Dye though, so i can't tell you anything about it...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, for all that would be interested in painting, I would recomend "Krylon FUSION for plastics". I've done mine about 2 weeks ago and no scratches yet. You can merely try scartching the paint off with your fingernails and nothing will come off; feels like it's the plastic itself that has the color.

I used a total of 4 cans of "Satin Black" Krylon Fusion and about 2 1/2 cans of Duplicolor Clear Coat. About $45.00 to include a can of Paint Thinner to prep/wipe the material.

There are Dye spray cans out there that you can buy also, I never worked with Dye though, so i can't tell you anything about it...
It's hard to beat Krylon... all of their products perform well for their intended medias. I have used the plastic stuff for non-car applications and it works great.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Personally, I'll be happy with the lower door panels, scuff plates and lower dash panels just not being beige anymore. The rear shelf, pillars and headliner I'm not too concerned about.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
With the R&T interior it shouldn't be too bad. Around $420 for the pieces
from MSC plus dying the dash edge and lower door panels. As soon as I
can find someone to do the dying and get a decent quote I'll start getting
all the parts together for the install.

I'll probably do it in pieces, 1st the scuff plates, b pillar and trim, then the
lower dash, then the door panels.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I plan to do it as well. Some of the parts will come from MPSC but the door panels I will have to do myself when I have a few days off work. I also need the cash, so expect me to start doing this in about 6 weeks or so. I'll keep ya posted with pics.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan to do it as well. Some of the parts will come from MPSC but the door panels I will have to do myself when I have a few days off work. I also need the cash, so expect me to start doing this in about 6 weeks or so. I'll keep ya posted with pics.

I said I was gonna stop modding......but I can't. It's between either this or sways. Decisions....decisions

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Just as a reference, the headliner and pillars in the Bee are light grey...

Not great pics but enough to show the color of the pillars. The headliner is the same color.
-J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.