Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , im new here,
Im looking to buy a Charger next week.
But i noticed the SE and SXT dont have the folding mirrors.
I was thinking about buying the RT mirrors and Swapping them into the soon to be getting SXT (i think, unless they convicnce me to buy an RT).
Wanted to see if anyone did this yet.
thanks
derek

·
Registered
106 Posts
I could be wrong but I think my SE has folding mirrors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Charger brochure lists "Power, heated, foldaway, body-color" on the RTs and up while the SE/SXT shows 'Power, fixed, black"

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've investigated this on Magnums. The folding mirrors have 12 pin connectors and the non-folding have 8 pins. One can most likely take the pins out of the 12 pin connector and move the appropriate ones to the 8 pin connector. The folding mirrors have provisions for auto-dimming of the LH, heat, and memory. That's the reason for the extra wires.

I believe you can get the folding mirrors with a package on an SXT, not sure about the SE. Oh, I believe they're body colored vice black plastic too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As much as I'd be interested in such a package, there is no documented option or package that provides this on the SE or SXT the last time I was pricing out the options unless it's newly added at the Dodge site.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just picked up my new SXT Charger last Friday. Love the car. One thing I noticed though that in the brochure and on the Canadian Dodge Internet site, it says that the SXT comes with body colored folding mirrors. I just noticed yesterday that mine are black and do not fold. I think it's the web site and the brochure that are wrong. Could anyone else let me know what their SXTs have?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got 2 US brochures (now if I only had the car), 1 from the dealer and 1 Dodge mailed - slightly different as one is bigger than the other, but both list the SE/SXT mirrors as 'Power, fixed, black"

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
This thread is so moot. defffrek bought an RT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
andre2420 said:
I just picked up my new SXT Charger last Friday. Love the car. One thing I noticed though that in the brochure and on the Canadian Dodge Internet site, it says that the SXT comes with body colored folding mirrors. I just noticed yesterday that mine are black and do not fold. I think it's the web site and the brochure that are wrong. Could anyone else let me know what their SXTs have?
Ya got a SXT
we all got ripped off on the mirrors and door locks.
:mad:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Don't invade the dealership! My Canadian SXT is the same as yours. What I was saying is that in the Canadian brochure that I got from the dealer, it states that the SXT comes standard with the heated, folding, body colored mirrors as well as satin steel colored door lock posts. My SXT has neither one of those. I called Dodge Canada yesterday and the told me that their brochures are wrong. I kind of figured that, but you don't know if you don't ask.

Too bad, the heated mirrors would have been handy here in Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Andre2420
I called daimerchrysler customer service thet told me the brochure was subject to change.
The problem I have is if you look at any Dodge site for the SXT you will see a picture of the coloured mirrors on the car.
So then whose wrong?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a good deal on some used 300C mirrors on ebay & am waiting for them now. My ride is a Magnum SXT. The folding mirrors have 12 pin connectors & the non-folding 8 but I'll decide how to adapt them when I get them.

I'm not sure about the Chargers but the wiring for heated mirrors on the Magnums go all the way to the mirror connector. I was going to make my mirrors heated until I got a deal on the folding type. In my case all I needed was the heated glass and run 2 wires to connect to the existing wiring in the connector. If any one has a Charger shop manual they can check this out.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I suspect that the SXT that I have is the way it's supposed to be. I think it's just Dodge Canada that screwed up their documentation. When I called, they said that both the web site and the brochure were subject to change. It was worth a shot though.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Anyone thing of getting the fixed black mirrors on the SXT painted to match?????
Not sure how it would work, but I've seen it done on trucks before.
I've seen a website on how to do it yourself - looks a little time consuming, but it can be done.

What do you guys think???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Found this thread after noticing that my SXT's side mirrors are NOT heated. What the %&#@! :angry: I do not believe that a car like this do not have heated side mirrors. Its fine that its not painted but side mirrors are as important, if not more so, than the rear window. Ah well, still a great car. :cool: :happy:

Anyone has a way to make them heated? Do I just swap on heated mirors or is it just a connection thing? :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts